Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling bad

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:20 PM
  • 4 Replies
Aba therapist came and did an assessment for my 5 year old for his aba therapy. Feeling really bad about him being so far behind developmentally. Today I am not happy about my son having autism. Without intervention he won't make it in this world. My state in Utah health insurances don't pay for any therapies. May need to relocate out of state. So frustrated with situation. For those of you living in states that offers insurance coverage for autism therapies COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Hugs mama!  

dawncs
by Dawn on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I know this is a difficult time for you. It is really rough hearing the good things and bad things about your son when it comes to his disability and developmental milestones. However, this is a normal part of the therapy process is doing an evaluation to see where the child is at. It helps justify the needs to the health insurance company because of the plan that is developed for him. In addition, it helps them figure out how best to help your son. My best recommendation to help your son reach his full potential in life is to always reinforce some of the positive stuff that comes from his therapies because it will help him progress faster.

Dawn

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (http://www.cafemom.com/group/118648)

maciymommieof3
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I am sorry to hear momma.... Does your schools offer and special ed?

Bobsie
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Testing is never fun. It reminds you of all the negative. Feeling better thinking on the positive. Luckily I have been blessed to have my son in an . Autism preschool program the last 2 years. Unfortunately he will be attending public school. So I am nervous about it. I'll hope for the best.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)