Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stress, anxiety, worry....

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 16 Replies

How do you momma's handle stress? and ur anxiety? and worriness about ur kiddos.. plus everything else..

I have really been thinking about self-care... my son does Neurofeedback.. and I am going to see if I can get a referral too.. The OT that does this said it really helps with this.. and it is non-medication solution... and I do not want medication.. but some nights i cant sleep... (hubby deployed so that does not help)//

So what to you guys do for self care... because I know when I am having trouble with stress, or overwhelming feeling it is hard wt my son... 

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Dawn on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:22 PM

You have made a great first step in helping your son in joining this group because it will help strengthen yo with ideas to help him. You have to realize that you have the best health insurance right now for disabled kids through the military because they have a special needs insurance program. My best piece of advice is to reinforce what he is learning in therapy and in school because it will help him reach his potential in life. You might find these websites very helpful to help your son:,,,, ttp://,, and

Group owner of Different Learners Support Group (

by Emma on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I play video games, I talk to friends and my husband, I write, I need quiet time. I don't usually worry or stress about stuff, simply because I've worked really hard over the years on learning to not focus on the things I can't control and just try to worry about "today" instead of "5 years from now." I keep working towards my goals, but I don't let it keep me from being productive..... I don't have any magic solutions, because it took a lot of practice and deep breathing to work on it. I allow myself to worry for 5 minutes, then, I breath deep, then find something else to focus on. That allowed me to worry long enough to validate my concerns/feelings, but not obsess about it.
by Darby on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I's a great outlet for me!

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

take a breath, know you are not alone and sometimes you may need a glass of wine and a good cry

by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I've gone to therapy on and off during my life.  I've learned to change my activity when stressed or have anxiety.  It really works because I can focus on something else.  I also exercise/work out. regurly.  It really helps.  Talking with my husband about my fears/stress/anxiety help too.  One night I had to call my dad because my husband was busy at work and I was fearful of my son.

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Yoga, pilates, walking, reading, researching my interests... talking to my mom friends online 

by Kari on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Oh honey, I feel for you. I know exactly what you mean. Some days it is so hard to turn off the worry and right now you are a single mom like me. All the worry falls on your shoulders. I don't have the money to do lots of things for myself but I try to do little things...a bubble bath after the kids are tucked in, a new nail polish color, a cupcake from a nice bakery...I love the idea of biofeedback, I have always wanted to try that. Hang in there honey and keep posting, that helps more than anything for me, it makes me feel like I am not alone. XO

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:33 PM
sadly I am medicated but also for depression. But my help me also in dealing with everthing. But when I don't take my anxiety meds I prefer down time playing online games like star wars the old republic or playing on or sleep if I get the chance lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I am medicated too for depression/Bipolar and that has helped me. As for non-medicated try to have down time before bed. I sit in bed with the lights off and play games on my Kindle. I have had issues sleeping my whole life, so I feel for ya. I am really bad at self-care, but I am working on it. I find a time during the day that I can sit and drink a cup of hot tea, or a few minutes where I can close my eyes and listen to an encouraging song. I myself, find stregnth and comfort in my favourite bible verses. I understand not wanting meds, I tried everything to stay off them. B-vits and flaxseed are great to take to help with energy, melatonan can help with sleep, if you wanted to go that route. It's natural. I agree that yoga is awesome. It helped me when I did it. If you have a smart phone you can find free apps with yoga routines. I have one on my iPhone. Just 30 mins of cardio excersise a day releases andorphines equivalent to a low does ant-depressant and can actually help you sleep better at night and gives you more energy during the day. I agree that a glass of wine and a cry is not a bad idea. :-) Hang in there.

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh honey how I wish I had an answer. But I can do this for you.. I can pray for you that God will give you peace. HUGS!!  You know, sometimes just making time for yourself alone can be really therapudic. I know with me getting to ride my motorcycle can be just what I need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)