Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

scared. ..just found out im pregnant

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM
  • 29 Replies
I just found out a few days ago im pregnant. Obviously its still early. Im beyond shocked since I had to see an infertility dr to have my son. So many things are going thro my head. I have a 2.5yr with aspergers. Im exhausted by him at the end of most days. Drs said hes probably adhd as well. In the past month ive been in the hospital 2x for kidney stones as well. They gave me pregnancy test each time I was in the hospital. .all negative. So I had a ct 3wks ago (im about 4wks pregnant). I was given morphine too since the pain was insane. With all the stress lately and 2 negative pregnancy testin hhospital I figured my period was late from stress. Nope. I took 2 home pregnancy test and saw my dr who took a blood test. Im pregnant. Im so afraid to be happy. Im scared this baby will have health issues like my son. The colic, reflux, asthma etc etc. The first year and half he was always in the hospital. Now between his therapy and meetings with the school district to get him into a special ed preschool im exhausted and over whelmed. Im beyond grateful tho to be pregnant. Ive been the woman and I know women who would love to be pregnant and are struggling. Again my feelings are all over the place. I hope this post doesn't sound or make me look like a crazy ungrateful b*tch. Any advice or maybe a little support would go a long way. Thank you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Charizma77
by Carissa on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand. When I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd we were in the midst of a very difficult year with my oldest who has pdd.nos. I couldn't imagine bfrigming a baby into our home and I had some depression during my pregnancy. But my ds got much better and once we brought Jackson home our family felt complete and my ds is wonderful with him. I also have a 6 yo dd who is typical. I know every situation is different. Im not trying to compare just letting you know that 2 years ago I was pregnant and scared as well.  Hugs!

EthansMomma2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Hugs. I dont know if you are religious or not but I try to just rest in the idea that Gods plans are better than mine and He will give me strength. I struggled a lot with whether or not to ttc a second and that was the conclusion I came to. I still get scared tho on days that are awful with my son.
letstalk747
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

i hear ya , its scary , im glad you are here for support , huggggggggggs

GeoRocks
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
First of congrats! And second hugs! I'm sure everything will work out and fall into place. Just take it a day at a time :)
VioletsMomTown
by Robyn on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:30 PM
2 moms liked this

You can never know what the future will hold. Fill your heart with love, that little soul needs you, and that is why you were chosen. Congratulations. Everything will work out how its meant to.

jthompson1976
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

hugs...   no this post dont not make you sound like any thing... asbergerss with adhd is very stress full i would not change my daugther for nothing ..  well may be little more sleep. lol  congrates. on preg 

TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I got pregnant with my daughter before we knew my son had autism. We knew something was up with him, because he was almost 2 and wasn't talking. Right after I had my daughter is when our new doctor told us to get him an evaluation for autism. My son had all sorts of health issues when he was born. Nothing too serious. He had problems breastfeeding, he had colic, rarely ever slept, severe eczema, hyperactive gag reflex, tongue tied (which had to be corrected by surgery when I was 6 months pregnant!), food allergies (still has them), and I keep thinking I'm forgetting something. It was stressful, but I was also happy to be pregnant. My daughter has none of the problems my son had. She was a very easy going baby. She actually slept! I don't remember the first six months of my son's life because I was so sleep deprived. I have to rely on my husband to remind me of the car rides we would take to help calm him down, or the silly faces he would make when getting him to laugh. I don't remember it at all! I remember so many more things with my daughter. It's normal to be scared, but don't let it affect you too much. Your second child may be completely different. Good luck!

NeneMama
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this

It is normal to be scared and to feel overwhelmed.  Just realize that no matter what happens, you will fall into a routine and make it work for your kids and yourself.  Make sure to take a little time each night to unwind before bed and let the stress of the day go.  Your second child may not have reflux or colic or anything else, and if he or she does, you already know what to try! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs and congrats mama!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I know it has to be frightening especially after being in the hospital and getting meds. You don't sound ungrateful to me. You sound like a mom that just found out she's pregnant again and already has a full plate. It's probably hormones. Hope you get to feeling better momma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)