Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Total autism afernoon. :*(

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:23 PM
  • 5 Replies
I spent the morning rushing around to get my motorcycle worked on. I rushed (like 72mph) home to pick up my son from his Nonnie's and take him to our friends' house to play... as promised. While he didn't like having to wait on me he did say that he understood. (if only we could bridge that gap) We get there and there is another little boy there. He knows this child. The excitement was more than he could deal with I think. The second I had to say, "stop that" or "quit" the attitude started. It quickly escalated into a meltdown. Tears, anger, ugliness, disrespect you name it. I left him alone in an adjacent room to unwind. It took a bit but it happened. A quick hug and the 'reset' button was in full function. A little later the one friend decided to go across the street to play with the other little boy. I do not know the parents and therefore didn't let my son go. The older boy stayed home but my son isn't as close to him. He was heartbroken. Then I found out later that when that other boy is over that my son kinda gets left out of things. (BREAKS MY HEART). I don't think it's done with mean intention but it is done intentionally. I'll talk to the mom about it. We're best friends. But it's just been a day. I don't smoke and I totally killed a cigarette. :( I hate these days. I hate it for him and to have his lil feelings hurt on top of it makes me ill. If you've read this much thanks. I'm just needing to vent and feel some love. The only people who really understand are ya'll. My friend s great. Accepts ds the way he is and loves him so much. But unless you deal with an autistic child you really don't 'get' it, kwim? But I'm blessed, SO VERY BLESSED to have her and her boys in our life!
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:18 PM

You have a great attitude mama!  Hugs!

johnns
by Johnna on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I hear ya, but why did she let the one kid go across the street? If you are there with your boy I would have thought of you as guests, so you don't just go hang somewhere else when company is over? Maybe next time you plan a visit, casually ask if the one kid has plans or is he going to be around for a while. Maybe shorter visits?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LostInLove2002
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. I don't think she really thought it through. We left shortly thereafter anyway. But still....
Quoting johnns:

I hear ya, but why did she let the one kid go across the street? If you are there with your boy I would have thought of you as guests, so you don't just go hang somewhere else when company is over? Maybe next time you plan a visit, casually ask if the one kid has plans or is he going to be around for a while. Maybe shorter visits?

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM

She sounds like a great friend. It's hard enough getting acceptance from other people but when we do get it it's great. Sorry to hear your son was left alone for that time. Hopefully it doesn't happen anymore

LostInLove2002
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks JTMOM... she really is a great friend. We can talk about anything. :) I've known so many moms via the internet and they are utterly alone. :**( Breaks my heart. I try to be aware of how good I really have it. I just needed some love yesterday. ;) And ya'll never let me down.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN