Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

It must be bash autism night...

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:21 AM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

I had a rough night with my son. He was screaming bloody murder in the mall. All we needed to do was buy one item. Now I come on to cafemom and it is bash autism night. So, I did what I do best, I found some funny ecards about autism. If I make myself laugh, it makes me feel better. So I thought I might make some of you laugh as well. Feel free to post pointless funny stuff.

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KatyTylersMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Who was bashing autism?  I only look at this forum and 2 other autism related ones. 

TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:49 AM

The one group on cafemom that is know for trolls, people stirring the pot, and just mean nasty women. I don't know if saying what group it is is breaking any rules or not, so I'll just leave it at that.

Quoting KatyTylersMom:

Who was bashing autism?  I only look at this forum and 2 other autism related ones. 

Bluerose1482
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Sorry you had a rough time at the mall. 

My son is an aspie and almost 10.  He still can't do the mall.  Too bright, too many people, too much noise, too many smells.  He gets a near instant headache and promptly turns into a demon possessed tasmanian devil.

unusualmom
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:03 AM
My ds has been having some meltdowns a lot lately. Ignore other people. Dont listen to them. Its not their problem - tell them - Its my problem, you dont have to make it yours also!
unusualmom
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:05 AM
Yep - I know the group and theyve been saying a ton about autism lately - dont know why??
Quoting TheLadyAmalthea:

The one group on cafemom that is know for trolls, people stirring the pot, and just mean nasty women. I don't know if saying what group it is is breaking any rules or not, so I'll just leave it at that.

Quoting KatyTylersMom:

VioletsMomTown
by Robyn on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I try not to look at the other groups, though every once in a while I see a headline and can't help myself. I can't stand people spouting off about autism when all they know is a kid at the park, or a neighbour or something. Just ignore them...

Violet's Mom

Twitter @autismnotebook

Mistygirl
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Sorry you had a hard time at the mall, in crowded p,ace like that, people most likely do not understand. All you can do is just drive on and ignore people and focus on what your getting. As for the bashing posts, I find that people often trash on things for which they know nothing about. I don't even look at those poss anymore because of how ridiculous they are.

busymommy98
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:10 AM

What group is bashing autism? I might just have to log on to their chat group and "inform them of their errors." That is pretty low and mean to say bad things about our children.

mypbandj
by Jen on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
The cat one made me literally LOL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karene999
by Karen on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Stay away from that other group then, you don't need their nasty attitudes.

I bought those my DS a son a tee-shirt that says "I have autism whats your excuse"

Of course just to spite me he is a perfect angel when he wears it....LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)