Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

support mom

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 45 Replies
Hi my name is Trisha and my sons name is Michael he has asbergers he is 18 years old and you would think all would be easy now but its not just new battles please pray for us we need all the support we can get I hope I can be a help to the young mothers out there we have been through everything.
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Welcome Trisha!

My son is still young (preteen) but I know it's not going to get all that easier as he gets older.  (((hug)))

mommy4lyf
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Welcome and I am sending you my prayer.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM

welcome  Glad you're here Trisha.  Make yourself at home. :)

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Welcome Trisha! I also have an 18 year old Michael but my 12 year old is HF autistic. I'm so glad you're here! I desperately want to hear about our children in their teen years and above.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trisha903
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Michael has asbergers he is hf autism found out when he was three yrs old now he is a adult would like to grow up but still like a child what do u do

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Welcome Trisha! I also have an 18 year old Michael but my 12 year old is HF autistic. I'm so glad you're here! I desperately want to hear about our children in their teen years and above.

trisha903
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Thank u for all your prayers

Quoting mommy4lyf:

Welcome and I am sending you my prayer.

trisha903
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Just diffrent battles does help when they are older and are more mature

Quoting amonkeymom:

Welcome Trisha!

My son is still young (preteen) but I know it's not going to get all that easier as he gets older.  (((hug)))

trisha903
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Thank you glad to be here

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

welcome  Glad you're here Trisha.  Make yourself at home. :)

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I gave a 22 year old autistic cousin who gets angry that he can't drive or go away to college like his sister. His mom has turned their upstairs into a "bachelor pad" for him and he has been taking classes at the community college for years now. He still needs to be driven everywhere but these few changes have really made him happier.

When they're high functioning I think it's so hard on them bc they appear normal and feel normal in most ways so don't understand why they're treated differently by us.

I'm not sure what the right thing is to do as they get older. I just try to make him happy and always follow my heart....I have to do what feels right to me

Quoting trisha903:

Michael has asbergers he is hf autism found out when he was three yrs old now he is a adult would like to grow up but still like a child what do u do

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girl_incognito
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Hi! My son is 15 and has aspergers as well. I have noticed that some things do get easier with age. Also I have noticed he does mature just a bit slower than most.

In some ways my son is about 2 to 3 years behind in maturity. I come to realize that my child will get there one day just at his own pace. Do you see this with your son too?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN