Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Natural remedies?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 5 Replies

My soon to be 7 yr old is on the spectrum and has trouble sleeping and calming down at school so we saw a autism homeopathic doc and he put her on some herbal meds still isn't really helping her fall asleep but when she does she stays asleep anyone else do natural? And have any suggestions for falling asleep 

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Well, my son takes Melatonin every now and then.  That's all we have experience with this.  Hugs and good luck!

VioletsMomTown
by Robyn on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:05 PM

We do all natural treatments. I have found since I changed my daughter's diet to SCD, and added in probiotics, B12 shots and epsom salts baths nightly, now she is onto a regular sleep cycle. She actually asks me to go to bed now. Melatonin didn't work for her, but it does work for some people, it helps me get to sleep every night.

Violet's Mom

Twitter @autismnotebook

KatyTylersMom
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:09 PM

As Violet's mom said - epsom salt baths with 1/2 - 1 cup in nice warm/hot water before bed.  Doesn't have to be any odor like lavendar or anything though you can get epsom salts in tons of scents. 

loveTHEviking
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:23 PM

My Ian likes the sound machines :). I can turn one on & he's asleep in no time. The beach sounds are his favorite :).

TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Fortunately, our son does not have trouble sleeping! I will bump your post up. Hopefully you'll find something that works for her! I could only imagine the frustration :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)