Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

having a problem some

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 7 Replies

okay i do not know if any of you know this or having this problem at all.  but with our son has to have PT and OT plus Feed which is under speech.  they are saying when they did the testing that he needs it but in the last  few months they are having to fight with the insurances now to get what the kids are needing and all.  We do not know how much fight we have to do rite now we have had so much with other things but in the past they have not made us fight for this for our son he has had all thrapsy for the last 2 years now off and on.  is anyone else having this problem he is already getting help from Earlier On.  and we work with all kinds of things for him to help now.   Are any of you guys having any problems with this all and if so how are you working with it

by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
unusualmom
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:55 PM

My insurance pays for nothing autism related.  Most private insurances dont.

joel2010
by on May. 12, 2013 at 8:50 PM

we have state insurance medicade. and alot of his has been cover becasue he also has serzuiers and other problems but all things are changing now

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 13, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Our insurance pays for all of my son's therapies...OT, PT, Speech (taking a break right now), Feeding, and ABA therapies.  Hugs and good luck!

joel2010
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:06 AM

well we found out ABA would be paid for but rite now we are not thinking he is needing it.  and from what we are understanding in MIchigan they are trying to say that the ealier on prog. should be doing everything for the kids now but it does not work that way around here for he is young and yes they are doing what they can but seeing he is not in school it is hard for them to do much more on the OT and PT part rite now and they can not say it affects schooling.  We took a break for the hit it hard OT PT Speech but have stay in talk on the phone with them but kept it going with ealier on for knowing he needed it.  but in the year he has not gone forward like he should we got him were he should have been and now he is behind again so now we fight and we did not have to the frist times it is just wierd in how it all has chagne now

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on May. 13, 2013 at 8:12 AM

In my state health insurance pays for the autism diagnosis and all treatments....that went into effect jan 1, 2011

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on May. 13, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Spell check is your friend darling.

Anyways check state laws. Autism is rarely covered. I'm autistic and neither of my insurances cover anything related except drugs.
joel2010
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:20 PM

okay sorry about my spelling but spell check does not work to well for me either hun sorry. 

well our state does cover alot but with the law change they are pasting it off to which area is to take care of it.  we can get the ABA for him.  but he does not need all of that.  And the doctors have told us he is autisic but with everything else going on with him they are wanting to make sure it is not something else frist seeing he is young and has some many problems so we ask for it not to be put down seeing we are looking at some many things also.  but it is under some of the main dx that there are on his papers rite  now.  and he does ggood with PT OT and the feeding speech but now we have to fight i jsut so feel this is not rite for anyone

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Spell check is your friend darling.

Anyways check state laws. Autism is rarely covered. I'm autistic and neither of my insurances cover anything related except drugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN