Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Where does your asd child sleep

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM
  • 56 Replies
???
by on May. 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

He sleeps in his own room in his own bed. It wasn't always like that though. His sister used to share a room with him. He wanted her to sleep in his bed every night. So we would either find her in his bed or he in her bed. It was pretty cute, he is 5 and she is 3. But we moved to a bigger house so now they each have a room!

Cubanmom84
by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

He sleeps in his own room in his own bed. There is no other place where he could sleep... grandma tried to talk us into sleeping with him... but i am not having him sleep with her crazy ass...

Jenn8604
by Jennifer on May. 16, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
In my bed where he has slept for almost 5 years. One day if I get a bigger house he can have his own room and his own bed. but until than he will share my bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Koltie6
by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:31 PM
2 moms liked this
My son is 6 . He used to sleep in his own bed but started having grand mal seizures in his sleep. So he now sleeps with us . Neither one of us wants to take the chance of him choking.
joeysmom0622
by on May. 16, 2013 at 6:05 PM

He sleeps in the living room on the couch with our bunny and our pittbull on the couch all sunngled together!!!

VioletsMomTown
by Robyn on May. 16, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Aww. That's scary. Poor kid.

Quoting Koltie6:

My son is 6 . He used to sleep in his own bed but started having grand mal seizures in his sleep. So he now sleeps with us . Neither one of us wants to take the chance of him choking.

adreeves
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 6:20 PM

He sleeps in his own bed but does share a room with his 9 yr old brother who sleeps on the top bunk.

VioletsMomTown
by Robyn on May. 16, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Violet sleeps in her bed, she went through a short time at age 2 where she wouldnt sleep in her room, so we let her bring her bed in next to ours, but we changed it back to her room about 6 months later. She's right across the hall, so I can hear her easily. She sleeps great now.

Violet's Mom

Twitter @autismnotebook

jadedcynic
by Member on May. 16, 2013 at 6:27 PM

He has his own room and a bed, but he pulled the mattress off of the frame and sleeps on it on the floor. Apparently he got tired of rolling out of bed and landing on the floor. 

unusualmom
by on May. 16, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Mine does too. He sleeps on 1 of the 2 couches. Absolutely refuses to sleep in his room.
Quoting joeysmom0622:

He sleeps in the living room on the couch with our bunny and our pittbull on the couch all sunngled together!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN