Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What made you smile today?

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this

This morning, my kiddo went to kiss me goodbye when I dropped him off at school.  Lately, instead of actually giving me a kiss, he presents his cheek for me to kiss.  So today I gave him a raspberry.  He asked what that was for and I told him it was for good luck and to have a great day today.  He left the car laughing and ready to make it a fun day.  :)

by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joeysmom0622
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM
4 moms liked this

Joey is 3 and mostly non verbal.  We have a litter trained bunny Sophie she looks alot like the white cadbury bunny and she lives in the living room we only feed her at night because Joey is obsessed with her food and the bowl is shaped like a carrot.  Well I got him up and settled in the living room and then sidetracked by the phone and laundry and dishes and so on... and forgot to take up her dish suddenly Joey is at the gate with her bowl and looks me in the eye and says help! So excited he used words and it used it correctly! i love my little monkey!

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

We're getting ready to move.  This morning, Colin decided to pack another of his boxes without being told.  Makes me happy that he's starting to get on board with the move.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 20, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Seeing my son during therapy made me smile...he was SO happy!

MamaBooo
by on May. 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Two boys from my son's class came over this morning and asked if ZB could come out to play. I said sure but in our backyard and I will come outside too. Its nice to see that he is making friends. I worry that he isn't but if this proves anything it's that I have nothing to worry about dancing

Bcgn2007
by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Glenny is 3 1/2 and even though he is high fuctioning, his speech is behind. I started trying to potty train today and couldn't figure out how to make a connection on how to get him to go potty. Glen apparently knows how to hold for a long time (hours!!). He will sit on the potty forever but no pee and no poo. Well, finally on YOUTUBE I found this video of a little boy having "Potty" read to him. Just from that video alone Glen memorized the whole book and gained a grasp of what's going on. I immediately ordered the book so that he can make the important visual connections that have helped him a lot since his diagnoses last year.

SAMI_JO
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Thinking how easily Jacob learned to bag groceries Saturday with the youth group. And his extreme courage yesterday singing alone in front of the church. I am so proud of him.

maddy324
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

As I was leaving my dentist apointment I saw a man wearing a head-to-toe Batman costume.Cape,mask,ears evrything and it was like 80 degrees,lol.

Charizma77
by Carissa on May. 20, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My sons TSS came to the house like she always does Mon and Wed 5-7. She is so loved that while she was working on the iPad with Ashton my other 2 kids climbed up next to her and all 3 were snuggling with her and Ashton had a huge smile on his face.  It made me happy to know that we have great therapists in our life.  My kids make smile every day with the little things they say and do :)

Charizma77
by Carissa on May. 20, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Haha! Did you get a pic?

Quoting maddy324:

As I was leaving my dentist apointment I saw a man wearing a head-to-toe Batman costume.Cape,mask,ears evrything and it was like 80 degrees,lol.

yourdoingwhat
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I got 1 room cleaned while the TSS was working with my son!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)