Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A local company

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:17 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

A friend of ours works for a local company and they wanted to do something for autism awareness month in April and we just found out they raised over 1,000 to supply sensory items to our church. Or church has 4 kids with autism and one child that is deaf and we also have an autism support group and a once a month Saturday service that is geared towards kids and adults with special needs. This is going to really help that ministry and be a huge help for our kids during Sunday school and jr church as well as the times they are in the service. We are purchasing headphones, sensory pads to sit on, sensory balls some weighted lap blankets and some other stuff to set u a sensroy area in one of the rooms. It is wonderful that there are companies out there that want to be involved! 

by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mypbandj
by Jen on May. 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I love that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM

This is great. So glad to hear that this company did this. Sounds like the people who work there really care.

Charizma77
by Carissa on May. 24, 2013 at 9:30 AM

One of the ladies who work there is our neighbor and she just adores Ashton. He has taken to her since he was a toddler. She heard he was struggling at church with all the sensory overload and she wanted to help him and his friends. My husband is the pastor and we want to be able to reach to all people, whatever their needs might be. My husband is learning a lot through conferences and such on ways we can include everyone at church. We have 4 families with special needs kids that are active and we are trying to accommodate those needs. 

Quoting JTMOM422:

This is great. So glad to hear that this company did this. Sounds like the people who work there really care.

amonkeymom
by Amy on May. 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM

woohoo  That's really great!

Charizma77
by Carissa on May. 24, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Thank you!

Quoting amonkeymom:

woohoo  That's really great!

jacobnatesmom
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome! 

mightymo
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

that is so nice to hear , there are children in my church that are on the spectrum but as far as i know there are no special services for them ,wish more churches wold consider doing something

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)