Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM
  • 32 Replies
3 moms liked this

Is anyone else having problems getting there child to go to sleep? DS is going to bed later and getting up earlier (no school, grrrr).

by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM

No sorry not having this issue. Have you tried melatonin

jacobnatesmom
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM

we have this problem at times... he's been using a weighted blanket and that seems to help him fall asleep easier!

Mi_Chelly
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM

No, we have the same routine. At 8:30 his iPad alarm goes off that it is bed time, so he heads to bed. No toys allowed in bed (which doesn't stop him immagination), but he still "plays" for 30 minutes or so, and falls asleep. He is still up by 6:30 when I don't wake him up to catch the bus at 5:40. 

I have contimplated melatonin for him since even when he goes to sleep, he isn't getting rest and wakes up with sleep rings under his eyes. I would like him to go to sleep ealier, but I fear medicating him, he will go back to wetting the bed. (had issues where he slept too hard and woundt make up to go to the bathroom. Had to sleep train him to sleep just light enough to wake up if needed.... Now that has back fired on us. UGH)

girl_incognito
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Nope, not for a few years now. Even so, he is older now, so it's not the safety issue it would have been even 3 years ago. The most that can go wrong now is he steals my food LOL

My son does ask for melatonin when he is having trouble sleeping though.

Charizma77
by Carissa on May. 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Not currently!

emarin77
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I suggest having your child in a get ready for bed routine at a specific time like 8pm for example.  Start with brushing the teeth, cleaning the face and put on pajamas.  Read a book with him or her too or even sing a song.  Give it a week to get used to.  You'll hopefully find your child sleeping well after.  If not, let the doctor know.

SAMI_JO
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:32 PM

We do have a set routine for everything. But this week especially he has been EXTREMELY hyper. Did find out that he was sneaking and eating chip that has red dye, so that could contribute, it is also coming up on a full moon, and summer starting so I guess all kids are extra excited.

mommy4lyf
by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Sorry, not anymore. Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy took care of that problem. 

SAMI_JO
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Well the week has caught up with him. He begged to go to bed at 5pm and I finally gave in just now. He is almost out. Bossing people around all day is a tiring job. lol I know he is going to be up early so I am going to take advantage of this time and watch me some tv and go to sleep early myself. zzzzzzzz I can hear them calling my name.

Bobsie
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I am recently having this same problem. Normally my son goes to bed well but lately he won't go to bed for several hours and this morning he was up playing at 3am. I wonder if I should give him anything for his sleep. I've heard melatonin might help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)