Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TOO MUCH VIDEO GAMES GOOD???

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM
  • 4 Replies
MY SON PLAYS TOO MUCH.SO IV`E DECIDED TO PUT ALL ELECTRONICS AWAY.
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lucasmadre
by Kari on May. 24, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I can see a distinct difference in my son when he spends too much "screen-time" that includes computers, games, tv...our kids need to stay in reality. I let him pay a little but not much and nothing violent ever...he is 9. Good luck...you might need it! XO

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:35 PM

DS 6yo ASD has gone thru his obsessions,ie TV shows,laptop computer(watching cartoons,then playing video games)he became violent hitting the computer when it was too slow etc.  Transitioning him away from the laptop was IMPOSSIBLE w/epic meltdowns,as long as it was in site,put away,he asks for it about once a day.  No XBOX or whtever EVER.  So true our kiddos really need to stay in reality.  I lose DS in a video game.  There is so much more for him to do,read,play out side,anything but electronics.  he is much calmer and engaged without them.  And he was only playing"Phineas and ferb"Disney games online!

Mi_Chelly
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I actually have more trouble losing my NT kids into video games then I do my ASD son. I hardly limit games/tv/ipad on weekends/summer. I do limit on school days, nothing is allowed until homework/chores/and outside play are done. If there is time at the end of the day, we let them play. My ASD has his own iPad and plays on it a lot. But doesn't get too obssessed with it, unless it has an app that he is obssessed about (sharks, jets, angry birds). My NT boys can spend hours upon hours lost to video games unless I limit them. 

kajira
by Emma on May. 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I ran away from home because my family tried to take away my computer. LOL 

I'm all for moderation, I think a healthy balance is ideal.. HOWEVER - I have a son who does okay in VERY small doses with nintendo's and video games - but he's fine with movies and tv for the most part.

So I limit his nintendo and his DS and game-play, but allow him to kinda watch whatever or however much TV he wants as long as his chores and school work are done. We make him go outside every day, so if that's how he wants to spend his free time, I'm okay with that.... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)