Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stressed- 3 year school eval

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM
  • 2 Replies
My five year old (pdd-nos) had his three year eval at school recently. The ard isn't until the 3rd but they want me to come in to discuss the results in person next week. They have always given results by phone in the past and this has me worried. We have no doubt at home that he is on the spectrum but the school has been hesitant with the autism label since he's high functioning. He's always had services through speech but he is no longer delayed so he needs a new "label" to qualify. They've been considering an emotional disturbance, which we don't agree with at all.

Anyone else been called in for a pre ard meeting? I'm concerned they are going to pull something new out of the hat. These are the days I think I should just homeschool.... this process can be so stressful!
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mypbandj
by Jen on May. 25, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Why don't you ask for a copy of the MDT (multi disciplinary team) report before you go. I've honestly never had them give me results by phone. I've always gone in. Also you can get copies of the qualification criteria for each label off your state education web site. At least that's where I found them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Don't let them change his label. This will make him loose his qualifications for anything he gets for ASD. If they do want to change it ask for an outside evaluation. They are suppose to pay for it. If you don't agree then don't sign and fight for what you believe he deserves. You are his biggest advocate. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)