Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sticking up for himself?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Jen
  • 13 Replies
3 moms liked this
My baby turns 3 tomorrow (waaaa!) and one thing he does that none of my other kids did is stick up for himself. At least I think that's how to label it. Or maybe it's social aggression??

If some kid is bothering him at a playground or just doing something in general he doesn't like, he will point his finger in their face and say in his broken speech, LEAVE ME ALONE! It's borderline adorable and embarrassing. I've never had a kid do that before. It's awesome and scary at the same time.
Today he was harassing our dog, a daily occurrence. (I swear, him and our dog together wear me out! Both will leave the house without telling me and neither will answer to their name or come when called! And if Liam isn't harassing the dog, the dog is barking her head off to "tell" on Liam when she sees him tossing a ball or playing chase. Geez!). Ok. So today he was harassing the dog. I told him no. He didnt stop. So I took his hand off her and moved it and said firmly: stop bothering the dog. He looks right back at me and says: STOP BOTHERING MY HAND!

Oh my goodness. Do I laugh or cry?? lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alma4Mom
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Laugh ;-)

mommy4lyf
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:29 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Sorry but that is really cute and so funny! I wish my son would do that when he was younger. Mine, would just leave and let the other kids took his toys. 

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

Sharbear42371
by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Lmao. So funny. My son takes up for himself also.  He learned to early on.

joeysmom0622
by on May. 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
You laugh Jen its hysterical!
girl_incognito
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have had to walk away and laugh :) 

emarin77
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

My son just ignores others that bother him.  Your son actually speaks up and has confidence.  Good for him.  He sounds like me when I was a kid. 

emarin77
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Quoting emarin77:

My son just ignores others that bother him.  Your son actually speaks up and has confidence.  Good for him.  He sounds like me when I was a kid. 

my4lovedones
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
this one time when my 4 yr. old was taking a shower he was playing with his toys for a while now. i decided he was done so I just turned the water off and he yelled at me . NO! Next thing I knew he was peeing on me i was so hurt and mad. now i give him a 5 min. warning before i turn it off. now he appreciate me and has not peed on me any since.LOL! I guess.
TheJerseyGirl
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Omg... I'm rolling here!!!! Lmao!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jaimielorai
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 8:25 AM

You hug your child and said that is my boy you tell them!  I did the same and My son now 9 use to say dont mess with me!  He has to learn not to turn it into bullying, but he should always know nobody can touch are push him around!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)