Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

homeopathy?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

Anyone have any insight on homeopathy?  I've heard a lot of great things about it in the reading I've done.  We have had great success with our biomed doc & I'm looking into homeopathy as our next step.  I just wanted to know from those who have tried it, if it's worthwhile.  Thanks mama's!

by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
VioletsMomTown
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi! Nice to meet you, I'm Robyn. There are a few of us doing biomed in this group. I just posted something similar about homeopathy last week. I'm in the same boat, we are a year into biomed with our dan doctor, and my daughter is doing amazing. I want to explore homeopathy this summer. I feel like she's ready for it now, her immune system is functioning much better now, and her health, speech and behavior has improved so much. I think its worth a try! Let us know what happens if you do start it. Here is the post (link)

Violet's Mom

genene6
by on May. 31, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Nice to meet you Robyn! My son is also doing great. He has made so many improvements since we started biomed. He's been doing it for about a year and a half. Its almost unreal when I think about how far we have come in that period of time. His DAN doc does not do homeopathy but he agreed it was definitely a great idea for us to try. He recommended classical homeopathy. we are going to start as soon as I find a good homeopathic doc. Thanks so much for posting the link! :-)
KatyTylersMom
by on May. 31, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I'm Meghan and we've just started the C.E.A.S.E homeopathic protocol with my two kiddos (both PDD-NOS).  The first thing we're detoxing is MSG and then from there we'll move onto the different vaccines the kids have received. The CEASE protocol is combined with classic homeopathy (with our homeopath, maybe others are different) where the kids get the CEASE remedy twice a week (Tues Thurs for us) and then their classic homeopathy remedy on saturdays.  Both kids did about a month of their classic remedy (5 days on, 5 days off) to help get their bodies ready for the CEASE detoxes. 

We are literally on like day 3 of the very first detox so I don't have much more info for you other than to say you can check out "The Impossible Cure" by Amy Lansky, PhD which is a nice book about homeopathy and autism as written by a mother of an autistic child who found that homeopathy greatly helped her son.  So much that she went on to become a homeopathic practitioner.  She doesn't talk about CEASE, just classic homeopathy.  For CEASE therapy you'll want the book "Autism Beyond Despair" by Tinus Smits, MD.  Not a hard read surprisingly enough! 

You can look up C.E.A.S.E. practitioners in your area from this link  http://www.cease-therapy.com/make-appointment - all will have completed the 5 day training course (and had to be a trained homeopathy prior to the course) but not everyone will have had equal amounts of experience so if there is more than one CEASE practitioner near you be sure to ask how many kids they've treated, the results they've seen, etc. 

genene6
by on May. 31, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Hi Meghan, nice to meet you!  Thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it.  Best of luck with the treatments, hope your kiddies have awesome results.  Keep us posted on your progress! 

Noahs-Mom
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I have used homeopathic stuff for years. What do you want information on exactly???

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 1, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

No experience but good luck!  Hugs!

genene6
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 7:24 AM
@Noah-mom I just wanted to know if you have had any success with it & if you would recommend it. Thanks so much for responding!
genene6
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Thanks so much @darbyakeep45
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)