Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Austin, TX

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 8 Replies

Looking for Momma's in Austin, TX! I want to start an informal social group for my kids (one ASD and one NT). My son's self-esteem has sky-rocketed being around more kids with ASD! When we move, I'd like to keep that going for him. He will be starting at another ASD school just like the one he was in here in the fall but while the kiddos are gone for the summer I'd like to meet more ASD parents with kiddos close to Liam's age (6 yrs. old). We will be in Austin for a week before they go to their dad's house for 5 weeks. They will be home at the beginning of August. I'm looking to just form a kind-of informal play-date kind-of group. I'd like to give Liam the chance to make more friends with ASD outside of school and get support from other parents of kids with ASD.  Anyone in the Austin, TX area?

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry I am in Tn. 

MommaHubbard
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:07 PM

BUMP!

JennaPBug
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I live in Bryan and visit Austin once a month ( the 25th this month). I was bummed they didnt have an ASD meetup group in this area. My sons only 2 1/2 though so theres quite an age gap :-( .

MommaHubbard
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Hahaha-actually, that's the day the kids go to their dad's house for the summer. But I hope to get a group going that is for kiddos under 10 yrs old. We should keep in touch!
blessedhappymom
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM
I'm in San Antonio, but we have a chapter from the Autsim of Society of Austin here. I met with the lady's who formed the group here and they agreed to let me run a homeschool group through their group. It's basically the same concept that you're describing and it's been fun for the kids and the parents.

I know our group is on meetup and Facebook. I'm pretty sure the group from Austin is on some social media network

Good luck!!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I'm in Virginia...good luck!

Dora-rulz
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm in Kyle. My dd is turning 5 next month & is becoming more social every day. I also have a nt son (will be 7 in the fall). This sounds like a good idea, Let me know, always looking for opportunities to meet other ASD kids/mommies.
MommaHubbard
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)