Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Washington moms

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

How are the school systems in the Bremerton/Seattle/Bangor area?  I have a dear friend moving there within the next year with an Autistic child who will be starting Kindergarten.  Any advice?

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
shajdinyak
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I lived out there and taught. From a teacher stand point Bellevue is a good district in Seattle area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:03 PM

My brother and his wife live in Seattle, I'll ask if they know anything about the schools around them.

kajira
by Emma on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm originally from that area - I know there's some good schools in the tacoma area, I would definitely ask around and get some referrals.
Mom2Seb
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in the area... Seattle SD's are definitely struggling and not the greatest.  I don't know about Bremerton or Bangor.  Most all school districts on the eastside (along the i90 or 520) are excellent.  You can't beat Bellevue.

boobasmom
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:30 AM
I say Kirkland, Redmond or pretty much anything east of Seattle. An d there are some areas in Seattle which still have decent programs.
Mom2Seb
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Unfortunately Bangor and Bremerton are west of Seattle and across the water.  If her family will be based at Bangor the eastside schools are probably not an option. :(

Calling the local school district is her best bet.

Quoting Mom2Seb:

I live in the area... Seattle SD's are definitely struggling and not the greatest.  I don't know about Bremerton or Bangor.  Most all school districts on the eastside (along the i90 or 520) are excellent.  You can't beat Bellevue.

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM

sorry, no suggestions.  I'm in Iowa.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)