Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Theory of Mind

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Jen
  • 6 Replies
So my 15 yr old who has aspergers told me yesterday that he doesn't think his 3 yr old brother had Theory of Mind (the ability to realize that other people have different perceptions and ideas).

That really floored me cause 1) he's 15 so how does he know what ToM is and 2) I'm not sure he's always aware about other people's perceptions especially when he's going on and on about video games and such. LOL

So I ask him, how do you know what that is? And he tells me he's been watching youtube videos about it. Then he pulls out his iPad mini and turns them on so I can watch too!

I just had to giggle at that. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM

That's really cool that he's thinking about stuff like that.  Isn't it amazing what goes on in their minds?

lucasmadre
by Kari on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM

God bless the teenager!~ Just when you think they are in a world all their own they come up with something like that :) Thanks for sharing that nice moment.  XO

kajira
by Emma on Jun. 22, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I think that's great. :) self-education is so awesome. I'd really encourage that!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:43 PM

wow! That is one smart boy you have there. I know that you have to be so proud

unusualmom
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I dont even know what theory of mind is:  Maybe I dont have it! These kids are so smart.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Wow...very cool!  Smart kid!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)