Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum
http://m.pnas.org/content/95/23/13982.full

My name is Stephanie and I have a daughter who is 20 & a son who is 17. My daughter gave birth to my first grandbaby a boy jan 7. He will b 6 months old July 7. His left ear is slightly smaller than the right side. He is happy, alert, laughing baby. However since he's doing more we notice he does more with his right hand. If u put something. By his left hand he will reach for it but slower. Also he's learning 2 sit and will for a few seconds but he always falls 2 the left. Like straight over doesnt know how 2 balance himself. He doesn't fall 2 the right side. And finally he tries 2 crawl but he pushes up on his feet and pushes his butt up in the air and scoots and doesn't use his arm. The reason I'm here is because of the article I linked above. I was researching babies who use one side more than the other so I was wondering if your children with autism acted like those in the article? did u notice things early on that when u look back, u thought o i see it now? my daughter is taking him 2 the dr on the 16th and will b bringing up how he's acting. If he does have autism our family will b right behind him and do everything that he needs done. I just never heard that movement was associated with autism, I always thought it had 2 do with social interacting and language. Thank you.
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Replies (11-13):
Ajisai43
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:53 AM

I haven't had any experience like you mentioned with my son, but I just wantd to say that I lov how proactive you are being with your grandson.  He is lucky to have you as his grandma! Good luck with doctor's appointments, and stay positive.

Basherte
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:14 AM

My son used his left side more than his right. I just kept offering things to his right.

Now, he's pretty close to being ambidextrous.

I am glad that your daughter is bringing all of this up. It could be a lot of things. It could be that he just favors his right side, or it could be more serious. Ya never know until you ask and find out.

CafeMom Tickers
terri-553
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:50 AM

It is best to take him to his Pedi,make sure all is well,Never had any problems w/Thomas (g/son)til he got to be 18 months old,Then everything in our worlds changed,he is 10.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)