Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

I've got to let some steam off.

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 22 Replies
And since you ladies understand its going here. Ds is on my last nerve. He ate his new bed. Seriously he bit chunks out of it. And there are no little pieces of wood anywhere to be found. He ate it. When i found the damage he started yelling "good bye cruel world." Hes 6!
Then he had a no sleep night. He woke me up every half hour. I'm exhausted. I'm having my own issues that is making sleeping difficult. I really didn't need help with not sleeping.
Karate testing is this morning and he is already yelling that he refuses to go.
Dh is at work until Monday. He was only able to be home 2 out of the last 12 days. I know I'm overwhelmed
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM
:( Sounds like you could use a 2 hour nap. Hope you get some rest soon.
3chicksfarmmom
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Hang in there!  I was out of town for work for the past two weeks (home on the weekend)  leaving my Dd with my husband.  I am usually not gone for more than a day.  OOhh is she making me know how much she missed me :)  I think we are on meltdown # 10 this afternoon :)  I have to laugh our I would be crying.  Prayers for sleep tonight!

t1gger143
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Quoting 3chicksfarmmom:

Hang in there!  I was out of town for work for the past two weeks (home on the weekend)  leaving my Dd with my husband.  I am usually not gone for more than a day.  OOhh is she making me know how much she missed me :)  I think we are on meltdown # 10 this afternoon :)  I have to laugh our I would be crying.  Prayers for sleep tonight!

I got to the point of hysterical laughter earlier. I think I may have cracked a little. Lol

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:33 PM

You really are overwhelmed.  (((hug)))

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Forget Karate testing.

If there was someone he could stay with for a few hours while you caught up on rest, then i'd do that.

If not, just take him out and wear him out, come home, bath, melatonin, and collapse.

Hugs mom.

t1gger143
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
We had to do testing. Came home and he knocked out. Bed time is in 2 hours. Hoping he knocks out again

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

Forget Karate testing.

If there was someone he could stay with for a few hours while you caught up on rest, then i'd do that.

If not, just take him out and wear him out, come home, bath, melatonin, and collapse.

Hugs mom.

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Can his bed be removed from his room? I would take it out and put his mattresses on the floor. I would let him know when he is ready to have his bed back and respect it then he can get it back. I would also talk to his therapist about this. Maybe there is something they could suggest to stop it. So sorry you are having a rough time momma. I hope things get better soon.

GabesMom302
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Your son got me at "good bye cruel world"! I just had a great laugh! Ok here's my advice.. give the kid some coffee with cream of course. It will have a calming effect on children with that much energy. When you sit him down for Coffee (or regular Tea)
Have a cup with him explain that this is a grownup thing "taking a coffee break" it should naturally calm him down then take him to karate. When your back at home he should. Be better for a little while. The bed thing I'm still working on. My DS us 15 and still destroying beds! Uggggggg. Try a lot of snack like a sandwich bagg of baby carrots or hard thick pretzel rods in his room that he can.access if ge needs to chew. Let him know that these.are very grown up things. You may think he.won't retain or remember but he will. When he gets.off.kilter ask if he needs
.grown up time.

Laugh when you can..... the kid is funny.. just don't tell him he.is. bathroom breaks are good for this.

Much Love from a mom who's been there!
Friend me if u like!

Quoting t1gger143:

And since you ladies understand its going here. Ds is on my last nerve. He ate his new bed. Seriously he bit chunks out of it. And there are no little pieces of wood anywhere to be found. He ate it. When i found the damage he started yelling "good bye cruel world." Hes 6!

Then he had a no sleep night. He woke me up every half hour. I'm exhausted. I'm having my own issues that is making sleeping difficult. I really didn't need help with not sleeping.

Karate testing is this morning and he is already yelling that he refuses to go.

Dh is at work until Monday. He was only able to be home 2 out of the last 12 days. I know I'm overwhelmed

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Hugs mama.  been there w.the no sleep.  DS ASD 6yo was up from 11pm to 11am yest.  Back to normal today do not know why.  i could not have made it w/o a nap when  DH got home in the morning from work.  Hats off to ya!

Basherte
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:32 AM

*hugs*

The bed part I have a similar problem. My son destroyed his. He didn't eat it. I found tons of bits all over his room.

Have to buy a new one. UGH. Since I have to do that. I'm getting him a larger bed. A twin.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)