Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Chew sticks?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM
  • 12 Replies
Where do I get them? I've got to do something about this chewing.
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gloria1025
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Funandfunction.com

t1gger143
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!

Quoting Gloria1025:

Funandfunction.com

Gloria1025
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM

They are under oral motor and then Chewies.  I have seen them other places but the price is about the same everywhere I looked online.  There are lots of kinds depending on your child's chew habits.  I had to try a few before I found one that my son would consistently use.  Good luck!

Quoting t1gger143:

Where do I get them? I've got to do something about this chewing.

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM
2 moms liked this

my son's OT gives these as their prizes and its worked great as a chewy as well:

heathers5500
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Search Chewy tubes or chewelry
Basherte
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Google.com

You can find them online everywhere. They are pretty cheap too.

Though I've only ever heard them called chew tubes.

CafeMom Tickers
boobasmom
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Amazon has a lot and some are flavored. But, I had the flavored chew stix for my son and the flavors we had were orange, mint, chocolate and lemon. The only one with a strong or decent flavor was the mint. The others were too faint to even be called flavor. It was more like a scent. But, he did chew them so I suppose they worked. Also, they have different textures on them. They are in the shape of an x. So, if your kid also need texture help these are good for that.
t1gger143
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I think I'm going to order him a robot pendant one. I think it will be easier to hide the chewing at school with it. I am thinking about a textured one to keep under his pillow since he chews a lot during the night.

Quoting boobasmom:

Amazon has a lot and some are flavored. But, I had the flavored chew stix for my son and the flavors we had were orange, mint, chocolate and lemon. The only one with a strong or decent flavor was the mint. The others were too faint to even be called flavor. It was more like a scent. But, he did chew them so I suppose they worked. Also, they have different textures on them. They are in the shape of an x. So, if your kid also need texture help these are good for that.

yourdoingwhat
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:35 PM

STRAWS!!!!!!!!! 100 for a buck at walmart!! Unless he will chew into pieces and swallow then get a chew stick. I'd say at fun and function but Gloria1025 stole my answer lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN