Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

No More "Night Time Underwear"!! (Hopefully)

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:31 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Well, DS has been doing well with not wetting the bed at night. He was finally potty trained about a year ago, at age 5 1/2. 

But even though I'd have him use the toilet before bed, he'd still be SOAKED in the morning -- going right through his pull-up. (I actually called them his "night time underwear" since he thought pull-ups were for babies). 

But over the last 2 weeks, his pull-up would be dry. I told my DH maybe DS is getting better control of his bladder. So last night I told DS that we were going from his "night time underwear" to his regular underwear to wear at night. We also told him how proud daddy and I were that he has not wet his bed in a long time.

This morning he woke up dry in his regular underwear. He in fact, had to wake me up at 5:30am to tell me this. lol.

DH and I are so happy for DS. And the fact we no longer have to buy any more pull-ups!!! Yay!!! lol

Photobucket
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Woohoo!  That's great!

Onediva
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Cannot wait for this to happen to me!  But he is only going to be 4 this year and has no interest in potty training yet.  :(

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:30 PM

That's great to hear!!!! Love hearing good news

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:35 PM

That's great! I remember when Ashton was fully potty trained, Dan and I did the "no more diapers or pull-ups happy  dance"... Wasnt too long after that I found out I was pregnant.. Lol

Charizma77
by Carissa on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:37 PM

When they are ready they will. It took Ashton a year to potty train him, he was almost 5 and 6 when he was able to stay dry at night. 

Quoting Onediva:

Cannot wait for this to happen to me!  But he is only going to be 4 this year and has no interest in potty training yet.  :(

michelles89
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM
My des will be 4 in aug and he was potty trained but once he starting pooping in the potty he got scared then he started pooping his underwear then holding it so now he's back in diapers on 1-3 caps of miralax a day per his dr because he has 7 blocks I behind I testing if its bit gone by sept it's surgery time :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM

That sounds great!  congrats!

SnortysMom
by Cathleen on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Yes! It took Aidan about a year to finally get potty trained. I tried almost everything. Bribes with chocolate, toys or books, a visual schedule, a promise of new underwear of his choice if he just pee'd once in the potty. Nope -- he didn't want anything to do with the potty. 

And I KNEW he needed to be trained because he was going to be entering kindergarten soon. Then one day he decided to sit on the potty on his own and pee'd. Just like that. Like he had been doing it for years! lol.

But it has always been like that with Aidan. We are trying to get him to do something and he'll have no interest. Then *poof!* he goes and does it like nothing. lol

Quoting Charizma77:

When they are ready they will. It took Ashton a year to potty train him, he was almost 5 and 6 when he was able to stay dry at night. 

Quoting Onediva:

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:51 AM

YAY! That's awesome!

Lydlou02
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:23 AM
I'm way.too jealous about that.
Congrats to your big boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)