• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cried over DS being autistic today... last time was last year

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 5 Replies
Today was day three of Y swimming lessons. DS loves to swim, does not stop, is somewhat listening. With me prompting him, he sits on the wall and waits his turn. They keep switching instructors. He loves one only, the rest he ignores. He swam for 45 mns. Transitioning to get dressed and leave was nonstop bloodcurdling screams. I had that feeling when I feel everyone staring. Today reminded me with four groups of eight kids, 32, ds' stands out. What made me cry even more, his NT does not allow anyone to talk bad about his brother, he is not embarrassed. I love both my kids, but broke down today.

Ds stopped, just took 45 mns and reassurance that we would go to the pool later.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SnowWhieQueen
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

oh mama..i know its very hard....i know how u feel ur not alone...i have 5 kids ..2 of them have asd....and have meltdowns like that...so i feel ur pain..it will get better!!

KatyTylersMom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:37 PM

It's so hard sometimes I can be going along fine for weeks and then just ONE DAY hits and I am so angry and sad and SICK of autism it makes me cry.  Sick of how hard it makes some things for my kids, sick of the worry, SO sick of the expenses and financial strain, and just sick at heart wondering if they'll be able to lead the lives they want.  Then the next day I'll be so happy with a new word my son learned or my daughter having an actual back-and-forth conversation about her day... it's a rollercoaster for sure!

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:22 PM

(((hug)))

JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Sounds like he has a great brother. So sorry you had it rough leaving the pool. Hope it gets easier with time

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Hugs mama.  I cried yesterday and today:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)