Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Headphones

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:30 PM
  • 11 Replies

Good Afternoon ladies!

So yesterday my DH and I took our DS and his cousin to the CA Mid State Fair. DS hadn't really been to a fair in a long time, so we prepped him about the noise and people. Usually DS does well when his cousin is around anyways. 

But dang, I forgot how noisy the fair can get -- especially in the section where all the rides are. Why do they have to blast that heavy metal type music everywhere? Ugh. 

The noise did start to bother him a bit and thankfully he told us when it was getting too loud for him so we'd move away from the noisy ride and just take a break. 

But that got DH and I talking about getting him some headphones. Does anyone here have them for their child? Are there special ones for kids with autism and where can I get them?

Photobucket
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Headphones are a great idea.  Maybe check places like best buy for noise canceling head phones.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Great idea!  I've never thought about that before...my son wouldn't keep them on his head though.  Hugs and good luck!

Stephw1110
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:40 AM

We actually just made this purchase last week.  We have a 3 year old that has some definate issues with sound.  We purchased Califone's Hearing safe hearing protectors.  We also got a pair of audio headphone made by the same company.  Love the headphones, the ear muff (the ones that are just to protect the ears) are still a bit big for my son but we've put them on and their awesome at blocking out background noise but still being able to hear someone near you.  We ordered them from Amazon.  You can also go to a sporting goods section of a store or like a Dick's Sporting goods and ask for ear muff or hearing protection.  My dad does shooting sports and he has a pair of Brown's that are very good also.

JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I would think you could find them online

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:53 PM

My son has noise canceling headphones they are actually for guns or target shooting heavy duty you can find them online or sporting good places that have guns or bbs

Mi_Chelly
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:24 PM
My son uses a pair my husband used to use when he worked on the flightline. But since he moved to an office job for now, he handed his headphones down. They fold up and easily fit in a purse or bag, or my husband's case, his ABU cargo pants pocket lol.
bird846
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:09 PM

We got dd a pair at wal-mart in the sporting department there for ear protection when shooting but they fit her really good and were only 10. 00 bucks . And work great help alot on the 4th july.

girl_incognito
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM

That's the kind I had, until I let someone borrow them :(

They work well

Quoting aidensmomma508:

My son has noise canceling headphones they are actually for guns or target shooting heavy duty you can find them online or sporting good places that have guns or bbs

mightymo
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM

there are also noice cancelling earbuds

nomorenicegurl
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:26 AM

The noise cancelling headphones were the best investment we purchased for our daughter, She is terrified of fireworks and fire cracker's. Even though the 4th of July is over with, there are still town fairs that have leftover fireworks that they shoot up, even theme parks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)