• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone gone on a mini vacation alone?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello Moms,

I'm desperately needing some time off between work and my ASD and non ASD kids but my husband can't take time off and I really don't want to deal with splitting expenses and driving with another person.  I'm  debating going on a mini vacation by myself. Has anyone ever done this? This is coming from someone who used to think only losers went to movies by themselves and now I'm one of those people doing it  to get away from it all!

A night in a nice hotel sounds great with hottub, bed etc but I think my main apprehension is dining alone at a restaurant. Any stories or experiences would be great as I need a break asap even if for just one day!

Thanks,

Carolyn

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
joeysmom0622
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

A night in a nice hotel alone with a bathtub and room service sounds like heaven to me!!!

SnortysMom
by Cathleen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I would give my right arm for even just a whole day alone in the house with no one here! LOL. I swear I'd just watch bad reality tv all day and eat pizza. lol

JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

A hotel no kids or hubby sounds great to me. I would order in my favorite food and veg out all night lol

marbles142
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I guess we all need a break!  I wish my family would leave me alone in the house as I would clean our bedroom and then spend hours in the garage working on my dusty hobby collection! Thanks for the feedback ;)

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Sounds like fun! I have lunch by myself a lot and it's soooo calming.  Sometimes I take along a cheesy entertainment magazine and enjoy without interruption!  A spa day is also a wonderful treat!  I've only had one massage but I felt sooooo goood when I left.  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I wish I could!  LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)