Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

potty training.....only goes at home

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:48 AM
  • 7 Replies
My son is in daycare ,only 4 hours a day, since he started I've never been asked to bring diapers. I know he won't do the bathroom when we are out, so we drive home. Should I be worried?
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
winchester70
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I would ask them specific questions about whether he is using the potty or not, how it's going, etc...just to be sure they aren't ignoring a dirty diaper for 4 hours.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I agree with this... or maybe he is going potty for them.

Quoting winchester70:

I would ask them specific questions about whether he is using the potty or not, how it's going, etc...just to be sure they aren't ignoring a dirty diaper for 4 hours.

SAMI_JO
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Mine is almost 15 and still won't use the restroom out. Even at Pawpaw's. He has to be at his house, on his toilet. (But I am the same way.)

lucasmadre
by Kari on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I don't like to use public bathrooms either but it would be interesting to find out if he is going at school for them. I would ask for sure. Maybe he is comfortable enough there to go. 

mypbandj
by Jen on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I think you need to talk with the daycare about what he is doing there. If you send him in underwear, is he staying dry? Or are you sending him in diapers and he is coming home dry? How old is he? 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 28, 2013 at 7:35 AM

I have the same questions as Jen.

Quoting mypbandj:

I think you need to talk with the daycare about what he is doing there. If you send him in underwear, is he staying dry? Or are you sending him in diapers and he is coming home dry? How old is he? 

wildchild.com
by Janine on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM
My sons the opposite he's obsesessed w/bathrooms! It's not really about going to the bathroom it's more about curiousity...I would definitly ask daycare provider how he's doing w/going to the bathroom. 4 hours is a long time not to be going pee pee. Don't want him to get a urinary tract infection from holding too long. If he's wearing diapers they should be checking him every.2 hours.Are they given him anything to drink? I just find it strange they haven't been asking you for more diapers. Unless their using another childs without realizing this....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)