Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clay Baths?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 8 Replies
I was wondering if any of you moms have ever tried benonite clay baths for you child?
I have read lots of storied on line about how they have helped children with autism?
Please tell me your experience with do clay baths and what name brand you tried.
Thanks a bunch ladies!

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Joni-mom23
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Sorry about the typo. I was in a rush!
wildchild.com
by Janine on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM
I've never heard of it?
Momof4AEMW
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM

no, don't know anything about them

Joni-mom23
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:43 AM
They are suppose to detox the body. Clay is all natural it comes from the earth.
I have read that it helps children with autism. If you would like to learn more about them go to kids clear cleansing clay.com or magnetic clay LLC.com
They have stories that people have written in saying it helped their children with asd. Some have begain to talk after using them and even lost their diagnoses. The (US) fda has banned companies from talking and promoting the clay.
I have just ordered my first order still waiting for it to arrive so I can't say anything good or bad about it yet. Its a little pricey but I can't afford to take my son to a dan doctor so I'm carefully going to try things on my own.
KatyTylersMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM

We do epsom salt baths with my kids every night.  Just 1 cup in a hot (or warm) bath and let them soak/play for ~20 minutes.  The salts provide sulphates to the body which is kind of half the detoxification process, methyl-B12 being the other half.  We had been giving the kids methyl-B12 shots for 6 months to a year before we did the epsom salt baths and they made a BIG difference when we added the salts.  So supporting just one portion of the detox cycle may not be enough. 

If you want to see a DAN! or MAPS doctor but can't afford it, there are grant programs available through TACA and through Generation Rescue.  You can check out their websites and apply online.  At the very least they have a lot of great information. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Quoting Momof4AEMW:

no, don't know anything about them

Joni-mom23
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Where do you get the B-12 shots??

Quoting KatyTylersMom:

We do epsom salt baths with my kids every night.  Just 1 cup in a hot (or warm) bath and let them soak/play for ~20 minutes.  The salts provide sulphates to the body which is kind of half the detoxification process, methyl-B12 being the other half.  We had been giving the kids methyl-B12 shots for 6 months to a year before we did the epsom salt baths and they made a BIG difference when we added the salts.  So supporting just one portion of the detox cycle may not be enough. 

If you want to see a DAN! or MAPS doctor but can't afford it, there are grant programs available through TACA and through Generation Rescue.  You can check out their websites and apply online.  At the very least they have a lot of great information. 

KatyTylersMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:58 AM

So a doctor has to order them just like any prescription, ours are compounded by Lee Silsby compounding pharmacy in Ohio.  A nicer company with better customer service I have never seen.  The shots get mailed in refrigerated packages in 2nd day mail and then you pop them in your fridge and give a shot generally every other day or everyday.  The needles are just sub-cutaneous needles so about as thick as a hair and maybe 1cm long.  The shots we use have methyl-B12 as well as foilinic acid and I believe another B vitamin as well, and are compounded based on size/weight.  

Quoting Joni-mom23:

Where do you get the B-12 shots??

Quoting KatyTylersMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)