Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

ANY MOMS IN CALI???

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 14 Replies

i have 2 boys that are almost 6yo and 4yo. they play well amongs themselves but id like them to play with others. have family outings, park dates, etc or just moms day out. i dont have any friends that have kids that understand my sons speech delay, if your in the same boat lets chat.

by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I'm not in Cali, but welcome to the group!

Reina67
by Lisa on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I live in Bakersfield. I have 2 ASD boys a 5 yr old and a 3 1/2 year old. Both boys are non verbal. They don't play together, I don't think they really understand how to.
mami286
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:18 AM
oh ok. what type of things do they enjoy? cars, building things, train sets,?
Quoting Reina67:

I live in Bakersfield. I have 2 ASD boys a 5 yr old and a 3 1/2 year old. Both boys are non verbal. They don't play together, I don't think they really understand how to.

Autiziumom
by Ana on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Im in SoCal. I have a son whom is 8. I find it hard to communicate with other families around my area. I try but I think im I run away from the thought of being hurt again. We tend to take our kids to the mall and some safe parks. But we mostly stay home.
Tesserae
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I'm in the San Fernando Valley but my son is 16 - aspergers.

mami286
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:26 PM

hey, im amia. where in socal are you? im sorry to hear you have been hurt. im sure most families are private about their child with special needs but sometimes you have to say "who cares".. i sure dont and just make the best out of it. my oldest will be 6 in septemer. time is just flying lol

Quoting Autiziumom:

Im in SoCal. I have a son whom is 8. I find it hard to communicate with other families around my area. I try but I think im I run away from the thought of being hurt again. We tend to take our kids to the mall and some safe parks. But we mostly stay home.

mami286
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM

what does he like to do for fun?

Quoting Tesserae:

I'm in the San Fernando Valley but my son is 16 - aspergers.

Michelsm1331
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I live in the ontario Pomona area. My son will be 5 in oct and my daughter 2 this month. I know how u feel. I don't really have friends that understand
mami286
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:57 PM

yea, are the lil ones ready for school? im really taking advantage and getting my rest before because once i start there is no stopping lol

mami286
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM

your 5yo will be in kinder? how does he like school?

Quoting Michelsm1331:

I live in the ontario Pomona area. My son will be 5 in oct and my daughter 2 this month. I know how u feel. I don't really have friends that understand

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN