Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

What made you smile today?

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 8:43 PM
  • 12 Replies

I got to babysit my nephew's baby girl...7 months old. Dillon is starting to get used to her and even does the silly voice we all do when we talk to a baby...lol. Any time we get to spend with her makes me smile...it's so nice to have family close and be able to be together that way.

What about you?

Myspace Comments

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mypbandj
by Jen on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I can't think of anything right now. It's been a busy busy day!

Monkeymama930
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:13 PM
2 moms liked this
My son unzipped a bag today, frist time! His OT has been asking him to do this and today he did it. I was blown away. She is a miracle worker a month and she has him unzipping. I couldn't stop smiling such a big boy I have!
kjlmommy
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

While driving Jonah to daycare this morning, he and I played a game where I asked him what his name was, and he kept making up silly things, like saying, "My name is car... my name is house" and then eventually he told me his name.  Then we did it with me... "Your name is Kaia, your name is Lincoln, your name is daddy"... finally ending with him telling me "You're Mommy, silly!"  It was great.

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:18 PM

The ST surprised me when she told me DS was able to tell her the categories of things and even knew which one didn't belong! Whoa!

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Can mine NOT involve my kid? I won $60 in my golf league for longest drive! I have a sitter monday nights so I can get ME time. i shot 43 on the front 9 and won longest drive! Smiling! :)

Jenn8604
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Hayden, who hardly ever eats meat, ate taco meat and marshmallows with mouse (his kitten).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Just before bed my 6 yo dd  made me a picture of a unicorn. It was very good and she was so proud. :)

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:10 PM

My ASD son ate a whole bowl of lasagna, bread, and an ice-cream sandwich with zero resistance or fits...two of which were new foods (not the bread).  And he is a big sensory/texture kid with his foods, rarely ever trying anything new without a giant fight.  He even said it was 'alicious' (delicious) and asked for more. 

Idntreallycare
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:04 PM

he went to a summer kid's care (free through our town, 9am-2pm) and said he enjoyed it today. I did tell the director about the recent eval, he said he assumed this would be the diagnosis. I also let him know that my son had issues with how they divide up teams... apparently "apple and orange" would be preferable to "team 1, team 2"

he said he enjoyed it today though, and I may get him to go back tomorrow.

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Today I put up a play tent in my daughter's room. When dh came home, he first sat down in the living room on the couch but I told him to go check out the tent so we all went to little girl's room. She sat down in her tent, then came out and grabbed her daddy's hand and pulled him into the tent. When she got him in there, she ran back out and into the living room and jumped on the couch.

Makes me know that whenever her communication is good enough to understand the test, her iq will definitely be up there ..... she's such a sneak. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN