Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

gasiness

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:23 PM
  • 3 Replies

My son's gas problems are not getting any better was wondering what you moms give you kids to help with their gas problems?  I have tried probiotics and they didnt seem to help. I was reading something about yeast in the gut if any of you moms deal with this how do you help it?

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Koltie6
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Yeast needs to be treated with an anti fungal. Either a prescription or something natural. You need to clean up the diet of carbs and sugar. I would stay on the probiotics. They are not an overnight fix and everyone needs them. You should give them at least 2 or 3 times a week and rotate types every three months.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:33 AM

My son has gas all the time but it's more due to his digestive problems associated with his Cystic Fibrosis...hugs mama!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Aug. 19, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I use a natural herb for my son when he gets gassy. I take a teaspoon of fennel seeds put them into a coffee filter and put it into a coffee cup of water. I put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. I strain the seeds out. I put the hot fennel tea into a glass of ice with about 2 tablespoons of sugar. My son then drinks it. It works in a matter of a half hour. I have done this for him since he was a baby. I use to mix it in his formula. When the gas is really bad he will scream and cry and go stand next to the cabinet in the kitchen that has the fennel seeds. I like it cause it's natural and it works. I had tried so many things before and this was the only thing that worked for him. I told his doctor that I give it to him and she says if it works then to use it and that she was glad that I found a natural way to help him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)