Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

biomed moms

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:24 AM
  • 6 Replies
Do I need to buy a food Prosser for my son's scd diet?if I do any suggestion on the best quality and best price? We are strapped for money right now due to my husband being off work for 8 1/2 months due to surgery's and celiac. Also I'm nerves about starting his nystatin because we are still starting out the introduction diet.my son has been gf/cf for 3months but he will not eat veggies or fruit! I give him v8 splash to sneak in veggies and the only fruit he will eat is Apple sauce.he is very picky about texture temperature and taste.any suggestion's will help.
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bobsie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Puree veggies and hide them in his food. Also puree in a blender and have him help. Try bananas in a blender. My picky eater loves to help peel the bananas ans start the blender. It makes it a fun activity for him. Good luck.
bethkeagan
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Thank you! I will try this as soon as I get a blender and processor ;-)
KatyTylersMom
by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 1:50 PM

You don't need a food processor unless you want to make everything from scratch.  There are a lot of premade foods available at stores like Whole Foods that are GFCF and even Soy Free as well. 

Nystatin is pretty gentle in that it stays only in the intestines so you don't have to worry about messing up his liver with too much medication or anything.  Now if he has a lot of yeast in there he may feel pretty crummy for several days.  Maybe run a small fever, have pad poops, etc. but mostly just try to keep his sugars down and let the yeast die off without feeding them all the sugars they crave. 

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

As far as what type, I personally love the magic bullet. You have to make stuff in batches if you're going to make alot because the containers are small. But I love mine. I make fresh fruit smoothies, puree veggies, even use it as a spice grinder. It's great and if the blade wears down, you can just order a new blade bottom online. So it's like my blender and food processor in one.

bethkeagan
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Thanks so much guys!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Good luck mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)