Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stressed preschool teacher

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM
  • 3 Replies

I'm a mother of a autistic child. I've been having problems at work for taking too many days off here and there for fevers, meltdowns, pediatric appointments, evaluations, touring special schools. I'm also a cancer survivor who has to go through routine testing. My job is forcing me to give a letter of resignation. Due to the fact I received a $200 paycut and a increase of $200 in my tuition it's been hard to make ends meet. I'm stressed and depressed. I owe 2 months in tuition. I'm a month behind in rent, and owe electricity. I'm so depressed. If I quit my job and decide to take my son out of daycare and care for him at home are there any services that can help financially. I did apply for Disibility for my child and they said he was legible. My son had a severe meltdown. They asked me is this how he is at home. I told them yes as well as in daycare. They asked how many hours? From 8 to 6 pm. They said that was too many hours for him. That I should consider getting a part time. I think any job will give me a problem. You see I have no family living close by. It's just me and my boys. Dad works 6 days and he does help as much as he can. Please let me know of any programs I can apply for.

Stressed 💙

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I'm glad you applied for disability for your son, it sounds like it should help a lot.  You might also check into respite care to see if he's eligible for anything like that.

(((hug)))

Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I would definitely look into getting respite care.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Hugs mama!  I think I responded on your other 2 posts:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)