Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Potty training

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 5 Replies
How long did it to potty train my son will be 5 he knows to pee but scared to death to poop he's staying back a year in pre school next year he will be in kindergarten what helped u seems like he's gonna be in diapers forever
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM

My son is also 5. He is pee trained for the most part. He still has accidents sometimes. For poop he asks for a diaper. He has pooped twice in the potty though. 

His ABA therapists said to sit him on the potty and just keep him there til he will poop. 

jaydensmom1726
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:01 PM

good luck getting him to stay on it for more than 2 minutes

Quoting princess_1983:

My son is also 5. He is pee trained for the most part. He still has accidents sometimes. For poop he asks for a diaper. He has pooped twice in the potty though. 

His ABA therapists said to sit him on the potty and just keep him there til he will poop. 

Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Ashton was 4 when he was pee trained but not until he was 5 would he poop in the potty so an entire year to get him completely trained. He had issues with refusing to sit on the potty. He stood to pee so that was fine but he would ask for a pull up so he could poop or wait until bedtime. He was getting constipated too..I was worried he would never get it and then one day he just did.. And that was that..  When they are ready they will do it, hang in there! 

winchester70
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Our son was 7 before he was completely potty trained. He finally decided that he was done with diapers...and that was it!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:51 PM

My son is almost 5 and is completely nonverbal...although he does know what to do on the potty.  He just seems to know...it's weird but true.  Hugs and good luck mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)