Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Anyone go for testing themselves?!

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

Just wondering, I have testing next month. I'm just wondering what to expect?

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mypbandj
by Jen on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Not me but I'd expect a lot of questions!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Not me but good luck!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Not me but I am curious on how they do the testing. I have had questions about myself but have yet to talk to a doctor about it

elkmomma
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmmm.....I wonder what would happen if every parent of a spectrum child was tested too.  It may open a whole new way of looking at things or even answer some questions regarding genetics.

lifeisnotboring
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 1:20 PM

As I have been reading and researching about the autistic spectrum, I think we ALL are a little autistic, lol.  I would be more neurotypical, however, there are some areas that could be classified as "austisic."  For example, I do not like large crowds, I do not like noise that fluctuates in loudness, I get claustrophobic when I feel trapped, whether it is because of a place or person, just to name a few.  Maybe the more symptoms a person has is what results in a diagnosis of autisim?  I don' know ... just a newbie in this, trying to find systems and strategies that work for me and my family!  Be blessed!

Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Nope.  good luck. 

mariat2
by Maria on Sep. 5, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Me too I was clausterphobic I was terrified of dogs!! I would hide under the bed or table.

Quoting lifeisnotboring:

As I have been reading and researching about the autistic spectrum, I think we ALL are a little autistic, lol.  I would be more neurotypical, however, there are some areas that could be classified as "austisic."  For example, I do not like large crowds, I do not like noise that fluctuates in loudness, I get claustrophobic when I feel trapped, whether it is because of a place or person, just to name a few.  Maybe the more symptoms a person has is what results in a diagnosis of autisim?  I don' know ... just a newbie in this, trying to find systems and strategies that work for me and my family!  Be blessed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN