Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe him... Vent..

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM
  • 11 Replies
My sons father and I have been separated for quite a while now. He sees our son on weekends. The last two weekends he's had our son over there he has come home late, around 8:45, he SHOULD be home by 6 that's what we agreed on because he has school in the morning and has been smelly because my son tells me that he's had accidents.. When I say smelly I mean the smell literally hits you like a brick.. He tells me he has not showered the entire weekend.. This kid is fully potty trained, he has been for almost 3 years now; he has NEVER had an accident at home with me or anyone else for that matter, with the exception of his father. We have no custody agreement. After the last two weekends I think I will be speaking to a lawyer this week. This is ridiculous. He's not being taken are of properly by his father and he NEEDS to be taken care of with him being autistic. I just can't believe that.. I really just want to smack him silly right now..
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maciymommieof3
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:15 PM

(((((( hugs momma ))))))))   seems like he is backsliding when he is with his Dad..

KatyTylersMom
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup I'd get an agreement in writing with some sort of clause where if your child comes home dirty and smelling you can take a video of it, bag the clothes, and bring them to CPS or some form of family services and then THEY have to go educate your husband on how to care for his child IF he wants to see that child again in an unsupervised environment. 

MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM
He does. We've seen it in his behavior, but never accidents. These accidents are new :(

Quoting maciymommieof3:

(((((( hugs momma ))))))))   seems like he is backsliding when he is with his Dad..

MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:19 PM
It makes me think he's off his meds. I thought one of the mandatory courses he had to take in order to get out of the mental health centre. I guess he either didn't do it or it didn't sink in. I feel so badly for our son. I mean, I know he loves his dad, but if his dad can't take basic care of him then he won't be able to go over anymore.

Quoting KatyTylersMom:

Yup I'd get an agreement in writing with some sort of clause where if your child comes home dirty and smelling you can take a video of it, bag the clothes, and bring them to CPS or some form of family services and then THEY have to go educate your husband on how to care for his child IF he wants to see that child again in an unsupervised environment. 

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

:(

Hope things get better mom.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

And I want to help hold him down while you smack him silly! I dont blame you for getting a lawyer and getting something legally binding.

Believe me, my Dh is not father of the year, but he worries and cares for D so much...and yet I still worry if I'm not the one with him all the time. It would kill me to know he wasn't being cared for the right way.

I'm sorry you and your son are going thru this...Big hugs to you!

MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 11:50 PM
He's finally at that age where he can tell me what's going on, thank god!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

And I want to help hold him down while you smack him silly! I dont blame you for getting a lawyer and getting something legally binding.

Believe me, my Dh is not father of the year, but he worries and cares for D so much...and yet I still worry if I'm not the one with him all the time. It would kill me to know he wasn't being cared for the right way.

I'm sorry you and your son are going thru this...Big hugs to you!

mamalena137
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Thankfully he can tell you what's going on. I'd have a hard time not smacking the hell out of him. Get a parenting plan and maybe for now don't let your ex keep him overnight. If he can't make sure your son is washed there's no point in him keeping him overnight, when he could just spend a few hours with him during the day.

MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:37 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking. His father lives about 1.5 - 2 hours away and I just registered the boy for a bowling league, so he won't be able to take te boy on the Friday anymore if I decided to let him take the boy that is.

Quoting mamalena137:

Thankfully he can tell you what's going on. I'd have a hard time not smacking the hell out of him. Get a parenting plan and maybe for now don't let your ex keep him overnight. If he can't make sure your son is washed there's no point in him keeping him overnight, when he could just spend a few hours with him during the day.

bigmama423
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you and your son are having to deal with this. I think it is a good idea to talk with a lawyer, it will be in your son's best interest. Good luck..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)