8 Biggest Worries Moms Have When Kids Go Back to School - What was/is your biggest worry?
Time for the kids to put their backpacks on and get on the bus to head back to school! It's a time of very mixed emotions for, well, everyone! You want to be thrilled that they're off to start a new chapter, but at the same time, back to school means back to a higher risk for a bunch of icky, unnerving situations kids may suffer through/pick up when they're back in the classroom.
Here, 8 most traumatic things moms worry about when school starts ...
- Gross illnesses you dread - From pinworms to head lice, going back to school can mean your little one picking up all sorts of nasty infections.
- Bullying - Something all parents fear, but of course the
odds go up when kids are in class.
- Nervous tummy aches - Whether it's because they don't want to use the bathroom at school or it's just nerves, moms may worry that a tummy ache will result in a call from the school nurse.
- Playground injuries - Of course kids can fall and scrape a
knee just as easily in the summertime, but recess can be an even riskier
business, as it's a daily occurrence and kids are apt to get rowdy with one
- Discord with a new teacher - Can't forget this biggie!
Every year, finding out whose class your child is in is a major event. It's
natural to dread discord -- with your child and the teacher or you and
- Cliques - Unfortunately, back to school can mean back to
cliquey, mean girl/boy behavior that could leave your kid out in the
- Dressing appropriately - Forget worrying about just the
first day back! Every day back is a big deal once kids start being more
fashion-conscious ... for better or worse. Even before then, you may still worry
whether your kid is dressed right for the weather and the events of the
- Food allergies - Either the kind that you're already aware of flaring up or learning about a new one or your child's meal tipping off another kid's! Oh for the love of peanuts!
What traumatic situations do you worry about most when the kids go back to school?