Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Another Halloween Post (Kind of a Spin-Off) **Pic Heavy**

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

^^Aidan's first Halloween. I didn't make this costume, but I did make most of them in later years.^^

^^Aidan's 2nd Halloween. We were at Disneyland for Mickey's Trick or Treat party. It was great! This is one of 2 costumes for him this year. I wanted to try and make him one too.^^

^^Here is his 2nd costume. He was a cow, if you couldn't tell. lol. I remember finding online how to make the costume. It was really easy.^^

I dont have pictures of Aidan for 2009 or 2010 -- they were saved on another computer. But for 2009, I made a Skittles costume for him (made out of felt and a hot glue gun) and in 2010 he was a sandwich (made out of 1 inch upholstery foam for the bread & foam sheets for the "meat", "cheese" and "tomato". I used green cellophane crumpled up as the "lettuce". That was a great costume!

^^Here is Aidan as a bag of popcorn in 2011. This one was made of felt and a hot glue gun too^^

^^Aidan had 2 costumes in 2011. Here he is as The Cat in the Hat. This was for a Halloween party. Aidan already had the black sweatpants and sweatshirt. I bought the hat from Oriental Trading company and already had the felt for the bow and white chest^^

^^Last year as Woody from Toy Story. I made the vest and painted the lines on the shirt. Aidan already had the hat, jeans and stick horse^^

This year Aidan wants to be a pirate. I'll have to see if make it this year or end up buying it. I've never made a pirate costume before! lol

So show off your kids' costumes from years past!!!

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildchild.com
by Janine on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Wow your so creative! I love the cow, all are adorable costumes. My son needs alot of convincing to get a costume on. So one year he just wore his Patriots shirt, I put black circles under his eyes & he was a football player. Lol...I really love taking him & I'm so glad he's agreed to go these past 2 years.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:15 AM

You are mega talented mama!  Wow!  We've never taken Brady trick or treating before...he doesn't understand and he doesn't eat candy either.  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:15 AM

He picked a great team!!!  GO PATRIOTS!!!!

Quoting wildchild.com:

Wow your so creative! I love the cow, all are adorable costumes. My son needs alot of convincing to get a costume on. So one year he just wore his Patriots shirt, I put black circles under his eyes & he was a football player. Lol...I really love taking him & I'm so glad he's agreed to go these past 2 years.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting wildchild.com:Wow your so creative! I love the cow, all are adorable costumes. My son needs alot of convincing to get a costume on. So one year he just wore his Patriots shirt, I put black circles under his eyes & he was a football player. Lol...I really love taking him & I'm so glad he's agreed to go these past 2 years.

Of course & guess which one he went as? Brady :-) That's where I got the idea for his name & it's a family name too. How about you Darby? Our kids name means spirited. Boy did I get that right Lol
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wildchild.com:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting wildchild.com:Wow your so creative! I love the cow, all are adorable costumes. My son needs alot of convincing to get a costume on. So one year he just wore his Patriots shirt, I put black circles under his eyes & he was a football player. Lol...I really love taking him & I'm so glad he's agreed to go these past 2 years.

Of course & guess which one he went as? Brady :-) That's where I got the idea for his name & it's a family name too. How about you Darby? Our kids name means spirited. Boy did I get that right Lol

Love it!!  A lot of people assumed we named our son Brady after Tom Brady since we are Patriots fans!  We actually didn't:)  The name Brady also means "son of a large chested man"...how awesome is that?  My husband is a body builder than can bench press 400 pounds!  LOL!

Not to mention, Brady is an anagram for Darby:)

wildchild.com
by Janine on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting wildchild.com:
Quoting darbyakeep45:

Love it!!  A lot of people assumed we named our son Brady after Tom Brady since we are Patriots fans!  We actually didn't:)  The name Brady also means "son of a large chested man"...how awesome is that?  My husband is a body builder than can bench press 400 pounds!  LOL!

wildchild.com
by Janine on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting wildchild.com:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting wildchild.com:
Quoting darbyakeep45:

I didn't even realize that it was an anagram of Darby until you said that. Too cool :-)
Charizma77
by Carissa on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Adorable! I remember seeing a few of these pics before ;)

Charizma77
by Carissa on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Ashton's been Woody (his first ever obsession) for 3 years..lol. Last year I found a woody costume for Jackson at a consignment shop.

johnns
by Johnna on Sep. 14, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
That last pic is a hoot! Older boy looks like he got a whiff of poo poo diaper! Lol

Quoting Charizma77:

Ashton's been Woody (his first ever obsession) for 3 years..lol. Last year I found a woody costume for Jackson at a consignment shop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN