Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

any gfcf mommas or anyone on any other special diets?

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:38 AM
  • 25 Replies
Im thinking of trialing a gfcf diet.

What have been some of your experiences? Tips? Suggestions?
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:41 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jenn8604:

bump
KatyTylersMom
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:13 AM

We've been GFCFSF (soy) for a year and a half, saw great results with my son, minimal results with my daughter.  My best tip is TRY IT.  It's just food.  Repeat that every day for 2 months, if you have NO cheats and see NO results then you can stop and know that you've given it a full trial and it's not for your family. 

Suggestions:  Whole Foods.  Expensive - yes.  But worth it.  Ian's brand EVERYTHING is good and easy and I swear your kid will eat it.  And "Enjoy Life" brand chocolate chips make everything ok in the end:)

peaches_04
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Are chocolate chips casein free?

Quoting KatyTylersMom:

We've been GFCFSF (soy) for a year and a half, saw great results with my son, minimal results with my daughter.  My best tip is TRY IT.  It's just food.  Repeat that every day for 2 months, if you have NO cheats and see NO results then you can stop and know that you've given it a full trial and it's not for your family. 

Suggestions:  Whole Foods.  Expensive - yes.  But worth it.  Ian's brand EVERYTHING is good and easy and I swear your kid will eat it.  And "Enjoy Life" brand chocolate chips make everything ok in the end:)

peaches_04
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:33 AM
Even if the diet does work is it worth. Do the improvements really outweigh not being ever able to eat favorite foods again?
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Never tried it...good luck!

NiyasMom1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I got my daughter tested for celiac disease and other food allergies that all came back negative. Since there was no health reason to make any major changes in her diet and the fact that she's already a picky eater, I decided not to try it at this point.
peaches_04
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Is almond milk gfcf free? Any one know
HelloSweetie
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

we've been gf and mostly cf for 5 years. Its been wonderful.

I see you've asked about certain foods being GFCF- here's a link that should help and you can PM me with any questions.

ABSOLUTELY worth a shot

HelloSweetie
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)