Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Quick vent

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this
At the gym this AM with a GF...

Im told by her - what i need is a job. To take my mind off my son.

Ok.. So i cant make a plan to meet friends for coffee cause ill have to cancel when Sam is hiding in the closet- refusing school. Or when I have to take the 3 phone calls I get from the school... Yes, an employer is going to understand my situation...

No, what i "need" is a good way to help my kid. NOT a job!

Vent over.
Thanks!

by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lady-J-Rock
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Hugs I'm sorry.
wildchild.com
by Janine on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:22 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree! I stay at home too. Some people just don't get it. I couldn't see myself working right now...my son is up at 2 am & doesn't go back to bed sometimes. Not to mention the meltdowns. Our kids are 24/7 it's never ending. What we all need is a vacation at a spa where they cator to our every need! What your friend doesn't realize is these kids take every ounce of energy from us. How the bleep are we suppose to work?!
kajira
by Emma on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Honestly.... find a work from home job with flexible hours. Then you'll still be available. :P

repetition
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Quoting kajira:

Honestly.... find a work from home job with flexible hours. Then you'll still be available. :P

I'm not the OP, but I would love any suggestions? Short of joining some MLM  and having to sell stuff like Mary Kay, Avon, bags, purses, cooking stuff etc. There's not much out there. I've searched all over the internet and all I come up with is scams or having to sell things that make little profit in the long term and not worth the hassle.

amonkeymom
by Amy on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Vent away mom.  People who aren't in your situation sure don't understand.  (((hug)))

kajira
by Emma on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:15 PM

blog and youtube videos, if you get enough hits, you'll make money. Just takes some networking... it's the google adsense program.

Quoting repetition:

Quoting kajira:

I'm not the OP, but I would love any suggestions? Short of joining some MLM  and having to sell stuff like Mary Kay, Avon, bags, purses, cooking stuff etc. There's not much out there. I've searched all over the internet and all I come up with is scams or having to sell things that make little profit in the long term and not worth the hassle.

lgt0304
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I'm a substitute teacher. No matter what campus I'm on, they'll send my daughter to me either on the bus or if I'm on her campus I'll go get her. Its a great alternative and keeps me on her schedule. She doesn't like much having to stay 30 extra minutes when I'm at the high school but all the kids love her and they help me keep her distracted and busy. Usually my grandmother gets her off the bus for me but I have this option as necessary. Maybe it'll work for you too? My campus pays $60 for whole days and $30 for half days, plus I get to choose the days I work! Sometimes I stay home on Mondays or Fridays when she's in school just to have a few hours off and "rest". Feels so good!

Lisa

Jenifr
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Just want to chime in because I want to WAH too...

Are there other things if you're not much of a...talker?

Quoting kajira:

blog and youtube videos, if you get enough hits, you'll make money. Just takes some networking... it's the google adsense program.

Quoting repetition:

Quoting kajira:

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Totally agree.

I think only people who have gone through what we have gone through can understand...

HippoCat
by Hadley on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I tried doing my landscape designs from home and recently quit. My son never naps, goes to bed late sometimes or wakes up at 3:00 am. I also have a 16 mo daughter. My husband helps a lot with the nighttime stuff, but the only time I could work was after they went to bed, when all I wanted to do was sit on the couch in silence. factor in all the research and advocating for my son and I didn't ever have time for myself and I was stressed out about when I would get my work done. I'm impressed by people that can do it , but I can't- at least not right now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN