Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

An opinion on Autistic Children

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 38 Replies

I ran across this comment on my facebook page and it really made me angry. So I decided to post it on here to see how others feel about it and what I should say back...

All the "autistic" kids I've met so far have several things in common:

a)divorce or dysfunction in the home;
b)wringy, "chic", loudmouthed or simple-minded mothers who believe anything an "expert" says (after all, it's easier to do that than to take the hit yourself);
c)passive, aloof, imbalanced or deserter fathers.

It seems to be taboo to bring up any of these factors and their effects on kids, and the result is so-called "autisic" children everywhere you go. This "autism" nonsense has "Liberal" control written all over it, and immature parents are more than willing to comply. I suspect that another contributing factor is parents going into a panic when their idea of "perfect" children (according to "experts" and "Liberal" educators) isn't forthcoming, and knee-jerking that "something is wrong".

I'm sure thankful I was born in the early '50s rather than 20+ years later...I would've been diagnosed with every one of these "new diseases" and drugged up accordingly.

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:07 PM
8 moms liked this

What a twat. That's all I could get out.

humbledmom310
by Kelly on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:25 PM

It is so ignorant that I cannot even take it serious enough for it to actually bother me. LOL!!

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Well, if this was written by a facebook "friend" that friend would be history! I love how NONE of those things apply to my family. I honestly wouldn't even have an answer for this person, they would simply stop existing to me.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM

How silly that person is.. Not very educated sounding either 

Charizma77
by Carissa on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Yep, I would have unfriended that person immediately after reading that

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

Well, if this was written by a facebook "friend" that friend would be history! I love how NONE of those things apply to my family. I honestly wouldn't even have an answer for this person, they would simply stop existing to me.

AnnaNonamus
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:03 PM

My reply would be to check herself into a mental hospital, because it's clear she has her own brand of issues that need to be worked out, before jumping on the bandwagon and bashing children based on a legitimate medical diagnosis. I would also state that it's a sad state of affairs when it's all right to bully children in the guise of asserting yourself as a better person.

wildchild.com
by Janine on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Ignoramous! Judgemental d-bag...Oh well I believe in karma...
SamMom912
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow... Wow...

so the fact that hubby and Were happily married for 9 years before we had children... we both have masters degrees, are very mild mannered, had DS in our mid 30s, with plenty of money in the bank and common sence in our heads are just holding our kid to too high a standard when he cried and had panic attacks for a full week at 4 that we were taking him to Disneyworld... Or when we need to leave the house, or when he needed to get dressed. How he would BEG me NOT to take him to a park... We were looking to have a child who would hide under his desk at school? Sit alone during lunch... 

Sure... Sure. 

I have no nice words for this person. So I will refrain. I would however unfriended her immediately as I would have been embarrassed for others to see I was friends with someone so ignorant, judgmental and honestly hurtful. 

I truly hope that one day she loves a child with autism. That will teach her, 

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't fit their bs research:

1 .  Happily married for 20 years to DD's father.

2. Far from "chic', I shop at walmart.  I get $12 haircuts. I hold two college degrees.  I value experts but have learned over the longrun we are the biggest experts in my son's life.

3.  Again, Dad and I are a good team when it comes to his role as a father, he rocks..

You know the expression, opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one!

bkwrmem
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:36 PM

agreed she'd be unfriended and not answered. none of them apply to my family either. i feel sad for the person who thinks like that.

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)