Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

"It is GOOD that you are boring, Mom!"

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM
  • 16 Replies
2 moms liked this

Uh, gee, thanks? My son wants to be a Lego creator when he grows up and makes things with those little bricks that boggle my mind.  I usually end up making boxes, and uneven ones at that.  So last night at dinner my kid tells me it is good that I am boring (I so don't think I am a boring person, lol!) because then I could get a job at Lego too, to make kits for people who are boring and not good at making things with Legos.  We could work together, and well, how cool would that be?!

I am glad he is actually thinking about the future, but seriously, I am NOT boring. ;)

Have any of your kiddos done or said anything humorous lately? Please share!

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Too cute!  My son is nonverbal.

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:54 AM

My friend Js son told her that she wasnt funny... She has a super dry sence of humor.. And he is 7, and we think it misses him... But he told her for christmas she should ask Santa for a joke book, cause she just isnt funny. 

At that point she said, she was tempted to leave him in the grocery store parking lot... (Just kiddng!) 

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:51 AM

That is so funny. Sounds like he knows what he wants to do in life. I think that is really cool. 

amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM

LOL- Well, I'm a "boring mom" too.  Oh well.

That's cool that he's thinking about what he wants to do when he gets older.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Oh thats too cute! My oldest was a Lego fanatic too! I still have all his sets because he refuses to let me part with them...and he's 19!

rhiannonaisling
by Melanie on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:14 AM

This.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

SnortysMom
by Cathleen on Oct. 3, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Aidan was playing "restaurant" with my mom at the dinner table as I was finishing up dinner. He goes up to my mom and says, "welcome to my restaurant. What do you want?" My mom "orders" a steak and potatoes. After she finishes, he says, "Amen". lol

He also insisted that my mom orders a muffin. Every time she would "order" something, Aidan would say, "okay, I'll be right back with your muffin". My mom couldn't stop laughing. My mom kept saying, "I didn't order a muffin!"

Ajisai43
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:24 AM

Yes! I can so imagine my kid doing something like that, half serious and half joking with me never quite sure which! ;)

Quoting SamMom912:

My friend Js son told her that she wasnt funny... She has a super dry sence of humor.. And he is 7, and we think it misses him... But he told her for christmas she should ask Santa for a joke book, cause she just isnt funny. 

At that point she said, she was tempted to leave him in the grocery store parking lot... (Just kiddng!) 

Ajisai43
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:27 AM

My son wants to open a restaurant as well! He will build the tables and chairs out of Legos and yours truly will do all of the prep work, cooking and clean-up while he takes orders (i.e. tells the customers what they will have for dinner . . .). Maybe these two could be partners in a restaurant somewhere? ;)

Quoting SnortysMom:

Aidan was playing "restaurant" with my mom at the dinner table as I was finishing up dinner. He goes up to my mom and says, "welcome to my restaurant. What do you want?" My mom "orders" a steak and potatoes. After she finishes, he says, "Amen". lol

He also insisted that my mom orders a muffin. Every time she would "order" something, Aidan would say, "okay, I'll be right back with your muffin". My mom couldn't stop laughing. My mom kept saying, "I didn't order a muffin!"

Ajisai43
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 4:30 AM

Totally off topic, but everytime I see your name or post I remember that lovely shot you put up of Brady just thrilled to death being tossed up in the air in a swimming pool . . .  Such a great photo and a beautiful boy.  And you seem to have it way going on as well! :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)