Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Latest research findings?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:58 PM
  • 8 Replies

I admit, I've been occupied with other aspects of my life and have not been actively reading any information about Autism.  Has anyone read anything interesting lately as far as the latest theory on the cause of Autism or any genetic links?  I used to receive emails from Science Daily at work but my email address changed and I've yet to update it.  While reading is informative, I'd like to be able to get feedback from other Moms or Dads living with Autism on a daily basis.  

So what's new?

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:29 AM

Welcome to the group!  I honestly don't make time to read things about Autism...I just focus on daily life, helping my son to function and be happy.  That's all I really care about:)  

tylerboo
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:02 AM
Yeah I don't find the articles helpful to my daily life. No one knows Tyler's needs more than us. But, I do like to stay tuned to what's being done and I find it interesting.
SamMom912
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:43 AM

I was never a science fan... Ok, chemistry and a little physics... (Basic) but after that blah! Lol

The reasons why my son is on the spectrum dont interest me... Dont get me wrong - when the figure it out, i care... But i like to spend my reading time on how to help him... Diet, Behavioral challemges, sensory challenges are so hard. I just want to better understand his experience.

im also afraid that cause is something I did wrong... Lol...so I prefer to bury my head on that front until the answer is absolutely known....

I hope you find an interesting article. :) 

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:56 AM

welcome to the group. sorry I don't keep up with that. I did see something on yahoo about a cream that has come out that is suppose to help with sensory needs

momofblueeyes04
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM
I heard on the news don't know if it is true or not that being induced can lead to special needs such as autism and adhd
momofblueeyes04
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Really? That would be great I struggle every day with my daughter to wear pants. A friend of mine dI'd say to massage my daughters legs everynight

Quoting JTMOM422:

welcome to the group. sorry I don't keep up with that. I did see something on yahoo about a cream that has come out that is suppose to help with sensory needs

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I saw it on the yahoo home page about 2 days ago

Quoting momofblueeyes04:

Really? That would be great I struggle every day with my daughter to wear pants. A friend of mine dI'd say to massage my daughters legs everynight

Quoting JTMOM422:

tylerboo
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Yes, I heard that too.  The theory is the drug(s) they used to either enduce labor or during labor could have had effects on the infants brain development if the baby was not fully developed, like enduced really early.  Which would explain why a lot of children on the spectrum were premies.

Tyler was enduced at 34 weeks and only weighed 4.5 lbs.  They gave me pitocin and a lot of magnesium.  Makes me wonder...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)