Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Fall Carnivals

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:18 AM
  • 16 Replies

Does your child's school do any kind of fall carnival or harvest event?  

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Brady's school does a Fall Carnival every year with pumpkins, petting zoo, bounce house, food, etc.  We go each year and he loves it!

SamMom912
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Ugh, this post makes me sad.... 

They have cancelled halloween at school. 

They USED to (when Sam was in kindergarten) do a parade where the parents would come and the kids would walk and youd see costumes... Then theyd go in for cupcakes, fruit, etc. 

well, because of what happened in Newtown, the school has a new security thing.. And they say "costumes arent safe, because they will slow down the children in an emergency, AND, they cant ensure the safety of the students on that day, so, they are not having halloween. Since there is NO halloween festivies at school , they've even planned a field trip that day, so Sams class, and 1 other second grade will be on that trip. 

Im sorry. I believe the school is really wrong! Hmmmm, maybe this should be a post?! Lol

lady-J-Rock
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Lily's preschool will have a little party. I don't think they do anything in middle school. Xavier isn't in school yet.
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Its his first year there so I am not sure if they do it or not.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I'm sorry:(  Brady's school has a fall carnival every year.  Now, for Halloween they let the kids wear costumes to school that day and walk around the school for their "parade"...it's cute!

Quoting SamMom912:

They USED to (when Sam was in kindergarten) do a parade where the parents would come and the kids would walk and youd see costumes... Then theyd go in for cupcakes, fruit, etc. 

well, because of what happened in Newtown, the school has a new security thing.. And they say "costumes arent safe, because they will slow down the children in an emergency, AND, they cant ensure the safety of the students on that day, so, they are not having halloween. Since there is NO halloween festivies at school , they've even planned a field trip that day, so Sams class, and 1 other second grade will be on that trip. 

Im sorry. I believe the school is really wrong! Hmmmm, maybe this should be a post?! Lol

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Will you get to go to Lily's party?

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

Lily's preschool will have a little party. I don't think they do anything in middle school. Xavier isn't in school yet.

lady-J-Rock
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes and Xavier too. The preschool is a co-op. They expect parents to volunteer. Bring one breakfast item, juice or milk and one snack to share once a month. They're already asking if Xavier will be attending next year.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Will you get to go to Lily's party?

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Yes, both of my children's schools do a fall carnival. Unfortunately, they are both on the same day. We will go to the preschool carnival instead of the elementary school carnival. The preschool carnival has more games for little children.

TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:22 PM

That's sad :( I remember doing costume parades when I was in elementary school. It was fun. Neither of my children will get to do that. 

Quoting SamMom912:

Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Budget cuts at our school eliminated field trips.  They used to take a trip to a farm, petting zoo, hayride, pick a pumpkin, mazes.  It was so kid friendly and really fun.  We're going on our own this year since the weather has been awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)