Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Therapeutic Wilderness Program

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello,

I posted a while back and recently gave an update on my teenage son's school situation the past year.  He has been unable to cope in the environment the school has placed him.  Every day he purposely acts out to get suspended from school.  Yesterday, he started saying the N word, than pretended like he was ejaculating on the rug with hand sanitizer. The school now wants to place him in a Guardian Angel home for 10 days.  I am not sure if that is the right placement, and he is refusing to go.

His psych doctor is recommending either a boarding school or a wilderness program to help him get back on track.  The wilderness program is very expensive and I am not sure that is exactly what will help him overcome his depression and anger about not being able to attend high school with his peers from middle school.

Many suggested I home school him.  Since, I work out of the home it would be hard to do.  He would need to spend at least 5 hours a day on school work, and I don't think he would be able to motivate himself to do it.

Any feed back on wilderness programs or home schooling would be greatly appreciated.

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
puertoricangeek
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM

What time of the day are you usually working? could you have him close by or do it after you are off work. I don't see this getting any easier just beacuse it is a peer issue. I beleive I read another post you had posted about this. If you can swing a lesson during the day and then a mafority at night that may be your best bet.

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM

hugs mama. i don't know. a day treatment program i'm thinking.

BDSMI
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Google tailsman program they have year around autism school and summer camp wonderful program
Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I'm not familiar with th wilderness program.. Have you searched for reviews online? I'm sure it is all overwhelming. Hugs!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:16 AM

I'm not sure mama...hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)