Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Amazing school counselor

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:00 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
My DS was having issues transitioning to school the other day. I decided that I could sit in the car with him and try to calm him down or see if the school counselor could help with the transition. We went to the office and she walked us back to her office. She asked him where he wanted to sit and then asked him if he wanted me to stay. He said that I could go. I sent her an email a couple of hours later just to see how things went and if everything was okay.

She promptly within minutes emailed me back. She apologized for not getting in contact with my right afterwards(which I did not expect her to do). She explained in detail about how things went and that she would be checking on him several times during that day. She was also going to check on him the next morning just to make sure he was still doing okay.

I really appreciate when the counselor a show a genuine care for the children.
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:15 AM

that is amazing for sure

jowen905
by Jan on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:59 AM

How nice that is!

wildchild.com
by Janine on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM
That's great...Im sure it's a comfort knowing someone is watching out for him :-)
Jenibob
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:08 PM

There are good people in this world!

NiyasMom1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM
It really is a load off when we feel good about the people who we leave to care for our little blessings. I'm glad that you had that peace of mind.
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM

When someone shows such care for your child and is that considerate towards you, it means everything!

mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM
That is great. It makes things so much easier to have supportive people at the school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelmevans
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:57 PM
It does and helps my nerves to now that he has people he can go to if he needs help.

She has continued to check on him in the morning and mid afternoon. I really appreciate this because I feel that it helps build the trust between them.
SAMI_JO
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:27 AM

This is someone who has the career for the kids sake not the money or days off. Then there are some that really couldn't care less.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM

That is awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)