Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism...so puzzling

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 11 Replies
My daughter gave kisses, eye contact, waved bye bye, and laughed all the time. When it was time for her to get her 1 yr old vaccines, all of that changed! No more bye bye, no more blowing kisses, nothing! We brought her to a neurologist and she couldn't help her, so she suggested we see a genetic doctor and he found through blood work that she has chromosome 2 terminal deletion, in common terms genetic causing autism. He claims that the vaccines had nothing to do with her autism but in the back of my mind I still wonder if I would have withheld the vaccines at the beginning would things be a lot better with her?
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think there's any way to really know.  It could be just coincidence that she regressed at the time of the vaccines.

lancet98
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

No.   Vaccines do not cause autism.   Genes cause autism - and these genes simply do not always form correctly.  Not because of vaccines or any other thing.   Because this just happens.

It's sad that even given the clearest evidence possible you still won't listen and choose to put so much mental energy into this instead of what is really important.   The charlatans who claimed vaccines cause autism did so for no greater reason than to boost sales of their vitamin products and their con artist 'therapies'.  

It is not a parent's fault that a child's genes form in a certain way.    No one can control that.   Stop dwelling on this and just care for your child.   Get the services the little one needs, love your child.

Quoting Alicia_Griffin:

My daughter gave kisses, eye contact, waved bye bye, and laughed all the time. When it was time for her to get her 1 yr old vaccines, all of that changed! No more bye bye, no more blowing kisses, nothing! We brought her to a neurologist and she couldn't help her, so she suggested we see a genetic doctor and he found through blood work that she has chromosome 2 terminal deletion, in common terms genetic causing autism. He claims that the vaccines had nothing to do with her autism but in the back of my mind I still wonder if I would have withheld the vaccines at the beginning would things be a lot better with her?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Welcome to the group!

bigmama423
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:12 PM

You can never be too sure, but there's no reason to really worry about the past anyways..what's done is done. Now all you can do is keep moving forward... :/

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM

There is regressive autism. Your daughter experienced that. What caused it? I don't think anyone knows for sure.

Alicia_Griffin
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Could be

Quoting amonkeymom:

I don't think there's any way to really know.  It could be just coincidence that she regressed at the time of the vaccines.

Alicia_Griffin
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Well she is missing chromosome number 24 so that one chromosome would make her a normal child

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

There is regressive autism. Your daughter experienced that. What caused it? I don't think anyone knows for sure.

Alicia_Griffin
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Thank you

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group!

Alicia_Griffin
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I'm not trying to dwell on the past, and I am moving forward getting her the help she needs. It was just a coincidence that she stopped doing those milestones right after her vaccines. It was proven to be genetic and most of these cases are genetic.

Quoting amonkeymom:

JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I am not one who believes vaccines cause autism. I think that maybe because she already had the chromosone 2 terminal deletion that the vaccine could have caused it to come forward and show itself. I would try not to think about what could have been and try to focus on today and loving her the way she is. Autism is hard I am not going to lie but it is not the end. She will do things and learn things but just differently. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)