Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM
  • 11 Replies

Mobile Photo

Hi I'm Julie. I have 3 girls. Caley is 7, Rowan is 4, and alivia is 3. We live in Virginia and my amazing fiancé's name is scott. Rowan was diagnosed
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigmama423
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Hello and welcome!

Love your pic! :)

I'm Liz, my kids are 8,7,4 and 2. My oldest son is ASD, my other 3 are just as crazy though! ;)

Myprettygirl09
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Ok I hit the wrong button so let me try again. Lol Rowan was diagnosed with aspergers in the spring. She's been different from the start and now I know why. There's a lot of days when I want to pull my hair out. I feel like my other two miss out on things because Rowan can't handle certain situations. Sometimes I want to let her stay in her world because she's calm and happy but I know I can't. We were having more good days than bad until she started pre k last month. It's a special class for kids like her but their teacher resigned unexpectedly right before school started. So they've had subs until last week which made it really hard on her. I hope that the same teacher every day will improve things again because I don't know how to help her with this. I'll stop rambling for now. Thanks for listening. And it's nice to have other moms to relate to now
Myprettygirl09
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Hi! Rowan is proud of that pic. She was directing me. And I like it because it shows how I feel sometimes which is a bit crazy lol. Nice to know there are other goofy families like us out there too

Quoting bigmama423:

Hello and welcome!

I'm Liz, my kids are 8,7,4 and 2. My oldest son is ASD, my other 3 are just as crazy though! ;)

bigmama423
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Quoting Myprettygirl09:

Hi! Rowan is proud of that pic. She was directing me. And I like it because it shows how I feel sometimes which is a bit crazy lol. Nice to know there are other goofy families like us out there too

Quoting bigmama423:

Hello and welcome!

Well you let Rowan know, it is an awesome pic and she did a wonderful job! And no sometimes, or a bit crazy here...we're all plain ol crazy and proud of it! :)

NiyasMom1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Welcome to the group!!!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Welcome!  I live in Virginia as well:)

TheJerseyGirl
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:29 AM

LOL! Welcome Julie!

I'm in Nj but LOVE Virginia! Are you by the water by any chance?

TheJerseyGirl
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Do I know how you feel! How many times we've had to leave a place early or just avoid it becouse of my son...I feel such guilt for my other two~

The substitutes she's been having can stress a kid out! I know my son needs routine to thrive, especially in school, so a sub or change in schedule throws him for a loop! She'll adjust fine once the school gets someone permanent in place!

Quoting Myprettygirl09:

Ok I hit the wrong button so let me try again. Lol Rowan was diagnosed with aspergers in the spring. She's been different from the start and now I know why. There's a lot of days when I want to pull my hair out. I feel like my other two miss out on things because Rowan can't handle certain situations. Sometimes I want to let her stay in her world because she's calm and happy but I know I can't. We were having more good days than bad until she started pre k last month. It's a special class for kids like her but their teacher resigned unexpectedly right before school started. So they've had subs until last week which made it really hard on her. I hope that the same teacher every day will improve things again because I don't know how to help her with this. I'll stop rambling for now. Thanks for listening. And it's nice to have other moms to relate to now

JTMOM422
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Welcome Welcome. Love the pic. Jump right in and post, reply or vent away.

Myprettygirl09
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Hi! I'm over on the western side of the state so no ocean. But the rivers are great for kayaking and there's a cute little creek by my house. Do you have any kids?

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

LOL! Welcome Julie!

I'm in Nj but LOVE Virginia! Are you by the water by any chance?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)