Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

my hubby is like a second child.grrrrr

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 15 Replies
My hubby works like a dog to provide for us. Totally comendable and much appreciated. But.............i cant suggest, correct, hint at or even stay quiet when he is in a bad mood. He places demands on our nonverbal severe autistic daughter that she can't meet. As well as me too. He is emotionally unavailable, he is passive agressive. He won't even kiss me or hug me.he is arguing as we speak. I must stay quiet to minimize things. I am sick of this.
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama...I'm sorry to hear this!  How often is he in a bad mood?  Is he just tired from working a lot?  Not that it's an excuse or anything.  I would have a serious conversation with him about this...big hugs!

moorefamily1
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:19 PM
He is a ticking time nomb. Im scared of him. I just talked to him. I gavw him a deadline of 1 week to show any amount of change. We will see.
wildchild.com
by Janine on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Hugs...maybe some counciling would help?
NiyasMom1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I agree, try counseling. The best outcome for your daughter is going to be patience and support from both parents or at least a safe, peaceful environment. It's hard enough to meet the needs of our children and households; so to add fear and aggression in to the equation, only makes it worse. Hugs and prayers momma!!!
Momof4AEMW
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Hugs mama.  That stinks.  Hope it gets better.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Oct. 13, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I agree with the comment above about counseling.  HUGS!

moorefamily1
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Im gonna suggest counciling
We hv dpne it before but he manipulated the whole thing. And thru anger tantrums when it was time to go. Maybe he will be receptive this time. Who knows...........
Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I'm sorry :(

mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Sorry momma. You don't deserve to live like that. Nobody does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemotherof8
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:54 AM

My ex was the same way but as each of our 8 children came along he got worse. He was in the Navy and we did go to counciling, but he also manipulated the whole thing also. What was even worse was he would get mad at me after the counciling and tell me i am the one who is at fault. I would get chewed out from one side to the other. Nothing was ever his fault. We have been divorced for over 14 years now and to him everything is still all my fault.  Some of our kids won't even talk to him and for the ones who do they tell him to not even bring up the past or they will either hang up or won't talk to him for awhile. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN