Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

At what age will insurance cover diapers? We have been using cloth but they are getting really tight on my little man and I can't afford to buy a custom stash of bigger diapers. He is 3 and just starting to recognize that he has even gone  pee or poop much less being able to recognize that he needs to in time to go potty.

by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
EthansMomma2010
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you so much. you make a worried momma feel much better. lol.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

My good friend has a little boy with Angelman Syndrome.  He's almost 6 and still in diapers.  Medicaid has covered diapers for him since he was 2-3 if I remember correctly.  You should be fine:)

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

i am about to have him on medicaid and from what i have read i think it will be covered. i'm going to go to his dr asap and see if she will give us a rx. it seems like that is what is needed. i never knew how much money for "little stuff" an autistic kid could cost! holy moly!!!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Definitely depends on your insurance and state.  Good luck mama!

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Oct. 13, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Quoting Rosebud27aj:

I'm in mass and our insurance just covered them for my youngest. He's 3 1/2. My oldest was about the same age also, when insurance covered them. 

Sorry, I should have mentioned we have Medicaid for our boys. Good luck...

Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

My friends insurance covered them until her dd with Down syndrome no longer needed them, I think she was 6 or 7.

mypbandj
by Jen on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I know my mom got diapers paid for by medicaid for a little girl she adopted. They weren't great diapers. Actually, they were more like those blue chux pads you put in your bed after you have a baby. I remember she would use two at the same time. But that was like 20 yrs ago. Maybe big kid diapers have improved since then.

TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Depends on your insurance. Ours wouldn't cover anything like that. My son is 6 and hasn't worn a diaper in almost 3 months! I'm so glad to be done with that!

EthansMomma2010
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:36 AM

woohoo!! Yay for you!!! diapers are a pita. espeically on big kids. :(

we have private which i'm gonna call just to see, but he is being switched to medicaid in december which seems like is more likely to cover them.

Quoting TheLadyAmalthea:

Depends on your insurance. Ours wouldn't cover anything like that. My son is 6 and hasn't worn a diaper in almost 3 months! I'm so glad to be done with that!

Worriedmama2009
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:02 PM

What insurance do you have if I may ask?

Quoting Rosebud27aj:

I'm in mass and our insurance just covered them for my youngest. He's 3 1/2. My oldest was about the same age also, when insurance covered them. 

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Quoting Worriedmama2009:

What insurance do you have if I may ask?

Quoting Rosebud27aj:

Sorry, forgot to mention...my boys have Medicaid.

DDDaysh
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Here it was 4.  

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Oct. 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I really have no knowledge of this. I didn't even know that insurance companies covered diapers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN